Help Please: Abs Ecu Coding and help with ecu.

asasprey

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have finally decided to throw in the towell. My car will not start now due to my ABS ECU controller i believe (cutting the immobiliser in) and i have no choice but to replace the ecu part. Now, i cant communicate with my car at all via obd port at all, except the immobiliser system. Now, the question is, how will i know what code put put in my new abs pump?

Also, would the same part numbered ecu but from a VW golf 4motion fit my A3 2.0tdi quattro? Part number is 7H0-907-652-A, if anybody can get one cheaper than £478 then please let me know!

In the meantime i am considering buying this ecu DREHRATENSENSOR - VW GOLF V (1K) 7H0907652A · 7H0907652A RAR Erzgebirge from Germany

Any help would be much appreciated guys, im 19 years old on cr*p money and dont deserve this! Thanks in advance fellas!

and now i think TPS gave me the wrong part number :/ i need the ecu that fits on the actual ABS pump. Please god, somebody help me.

Have you tried removing the battery for a while?

Yes mate, iv had the Engine Ecu out before to no avail. Once i took the ecu connector off and cleaned it, it was brilliant for the couple sunny months we had, as soon as the naff weather came, plays up again. Wouldnt start half an hour ago at work so i dont know what to do. THe actual ecu is i think 550 +vat! I have ordered the block connector repair kit for 11 quid, so ll see how i go with that :/

I wouldn't have thought the ABS would stop the engine starting.

The engine will start for a second or so and then die if it is an immobiliser problem & the warning light would stay on. Is it the proper version of VDCS you are using or another brand/clone? For the OBD to communicate with a module, the module needs 12v, earthed & both CAN hi & CAN low wires must be connected. IIRC, these two wires are always orange/brown & Orange/green. I'd would check the multiplug to the ECU for corrosion again before spending any money on an ABS module.