S3 (2010) Launch Control not workin

bdavbdav

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just picked up my new S3 DSG last friday, loving it so far! Tried Launch control in the recommended way on my old A3 1.8T DSG, all that did was pull against the brake - took it to dealer, and was told the particular 09 DSG box didn't support it. Fair game.

Tried the same thing on the new S3 (Long press on ESP (long press doesn't seem to make any difference on S3 - no ASR option it seems), S-Mode, brake hard down, rev to 3.5k), and get exactly the same thing. I'm sure I'm doing everything in the recommended way - is there anything I could be missing?

Cheers,

Ben

Last edited:
Reactions: jsh
It works on our MY10 170TDi mate, you got to be in Sport mode with gearbox, traction off, foot brake on, rev up and GO!!

Yep, works on mine as well. Try this, in neutral, turn off ESP, Foot on brake, shiftt to S or M, wait 1 sec, floor it. Should hold around 3.5k....

Many thanks - All working now, think I may not have been stamping on the brake hard enough!

Not a very nice thing to do to your engine, clutches,gearbox drive train or uj's :no: if you are ever going to snap a cam belt that would do it IMHO :)

Yes the details on which have it seem to be different everywhere you look - seems dealers don't generally know either.

I don't really plan on using it at all - Just wanted to try it once! Seemed very controlled, almost as if it wasn't pushing as hard as it could be.