Monster MotorsportBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bdavbdav

Thread: S3 (2010) Launch Control not workin

Neutral

Status

S3 (2010) Launch Control not workin

Hey All,

Just picked up my new S3 DSG last friday, loving it so far! Tried Launch control in the recommended way on my old A3 1.8T DSG, all that did was pull against the brake - took it to dealer, and was told the particular 09 DSG box didn't support it. Fair game.

Tried the same thing on the new S3 (Long press on ESP (long press doesn't seem to make any difference on S3 - no ASR option it seems), S-Mode, brake hard down, rev to 3.5k), and get exactly the same thing. I'm sure I'm doing everything in the recommended way - is there anything I could be missing?

Cheers,

Ben
    Last edited by bdavbdav; 29th August 2011 at 23:27.
    jsh likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Heaven

Status
    It works on our MY10 170TDi mate, you got to be in Sport mode with gearbox, traction off, foot brake on, rev up and GO!!
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Yep, works on mine as well. Try this, in neutral, turn off ESP, Foot on brake, shiftt to S or M, wait 1 sec, floor it. Should hold around 3.5k....
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Neutral

Status
    Many thanks - All working now, think I may not have been stamping on the brake hard enough!

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Not a very nice thing to do to your engine, clutches,gearbox drive train or uj's if you are ever going to snap a cam belt that would do it IMHO
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

5th Gear

Status
    's funny. My 140 Tdi hand book says 3.2 engines only!

Neutral

Status
    Yes the details on which have it seem to be different everywhere you look - seems dealers don't generally know either.

I don't really plan on using it at all - Just wanted to try it once! Seemed very controlled, almost as if it wasn't pushing as hard as it could be.