Volks AutosSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Glasgow - best clay bar and detailer?

Hi,

Not got much time on my hands at the moemnt with work, but she really needs some TLC - so looking for a reputable source to supply some elbow grease on my Ibis and bring her back to like new.

The paintwork is mint but could do with a clay and then polish, wax, etc for teh finished detailed look.

Anyone used anyone is the area and how much am I looking at?

Cheers.
    NOW......Couldn't resist.....another RS3.....Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dimming mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Aluminium inlays, light and rain sensor pack and now black exhaust tips!

REFUNDED - Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dimming mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Aluminium inlays, light and rain sensor pack.

GONE - S3 SB BE - '10 plate in Ibis with Buckets; RNS-E; tech & comfort pack; Revo stage 1; Milltek TBE; BBS CK 19's in Anthracite on Asseymetric rubber!

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I used these. Found them easy to work with.

2nd Gear

Status
    Here is the result...

events moderator

Status
    Detailing Clay from Sonus, Clay Magic and Meguires
    take a look on here leave that halfords crap at halfords some good quality clay plus and some dodo juice born slippy job done
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

2nd Gear

Status
    I think he's looking for a detailer around Glasgow, not products to do it himself.

I've always just done it myself cause I'm tight but I'm sure you'll get someone if you check the Scottish section on detailing world forum.
    the crisis mobile BMW Z4C 3.0
    It's quick and it sounds bloody good.

events moderator

Status
    good point lol , post this in the detailing section then you might get more luck

Call me Dan :)

Status
    Will be getting a clay bar next month, any other products worth while looking at? I believe Autoglym do one?
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

events moderator

Status
    yeah autoglym do one not used it myself tho so cant comment on it for the money i recomend dodo juice as its very good value for moeny

Status
    What clay bar do people us? Zaino or Sonus? I'd prefer to get the Dod juice judging by the reviews, just which is the prefered clay bar? And does anyone have a power polisher here? As I hear they're not for the faint hearted as I've never used one before?
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

3rd Gear

Status
    Bilt Hamber SOFT Auto Clay, is the ultimate! Its about £11 off the bay and it works wonders! The Regular stuff is good but its a bit hard to mould. The best thing about this clay is it only needs water as a lubricant. Got told by the guys over at detailingworld to use it and i've never looked back.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the replies guys. Yes its more of a detailer rather than the products. I've got all the megs and sonus stuff and even got the megs PC but just not got the full 6-8hrs to bring her back to new and would happily pay a reputable source in Glagsow.

Cheers,
    NOW......Couldn't resist.....another RS3.....Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dimming mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Aluminium inlays, light and rain sensor pack and now black exhaust tips!

REFUNDED - Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dimming mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Aluminium inlays, light and rain sensor pack.

GONE - S3 SB BE - '10 plate in Ibis with Buckets; RNS-E; tech & comfort pack; Revo stage 1; Milltek TBE; BBS CK 19's in Anthracite on Asseymetric rubber!

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    What clay bar do people us? Zaino or Sonus? I'd prefer to get the Dod juice judging by the reviews, just which is the prefered clay bar? And does anyone have a power polisher here? As I hear they're not for the faint hearted as I've never used one before?
    your right if they are in the wrong hands they can do serious damage to your paint ie scorching the paint / swirling / holograming etc... if you do decide to get one get a DA orbital buffer they are more forgiving than a rotary buffer

6th Gear

Status
    I dont anybody in this area as I always do my car myself, its theraputic LOL. Not sure I'd want to do anybody elses car though LOL

Polished Bliss (site sponsorer) would do a great Job but the're in Aberdeen.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    I dont anybody in this area as I always do my car myself, its theraputic LOL. Not sure I'd want to do anybody elses car though LOL

Polished Bliss (site sponsorer) would do a great Job but the're in Aberdeen.
    Having perused the PB website and seen photos of their work, it would be worth the journey imho

Status
    Deep Shine Detail are really good for people in the north east.
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line