EM TuningSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Lightbulb Daft Headlight Bulb Question.

Im looking at getting some new headlight bulbs. I dont want any wannabe xenon, bluey-white bulbs, and I dont want that stupid blue look that Saxo owners aim for.

Im looking at getting some Philips Xtreme Vision, or Xtreme Power Bulbs.

But am I right in thinking that they are the H7 fitment? (8P3 Halogen)

Thanks

2009 '09' A3 1.6 Sport, Ibis White, Privacy Glass, Ipod Dock

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Heaven

Status
    Yes they are H7 in both the headlight and main beam units....
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    If i was you i would go for night breakers, they are just as good....i have had both....and they are cheaper...this place is £10 a pair cheaper and when you need two pairs thats gotta be good.

Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs - H7 Night Breaker Plus
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3 Sport View Post
    Im looking at getting some new headlight bulbs. I dont want any wannabe xenon, bluey-white bulbs, and I dont want that stupid blue look that Saxo owners aim for.

Im looking at getting some Philips Xtreme Vision, or Xtreme Power Bulbs.

But am I right in thinking that they are the H7 fitment? (8P3 Halogen)

Thanks
    Ive got these.. AUDI A3 ALL XENON SUPER WHITE HEADLIGHT BULBS HID H7 | eBay ....E marked and light up 100% white...not yellow or blue and they do go further on the road,cant go wrong with these. Ive had the nightbreakers and found these to be that good..i sold the nightbreakers and got these in the a3 and the golf
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

1st Gear

Status
    Okay thanks for the replies. Ive just bought some Philips Xtreme Vision H7 Bulbs. They have really good reviews and look exactly how I want them to. I always think that the bulbs can just ruin a car. I remember seeing a 1 Series that would have been a nice car, but my eyes were drawn straight to the bluey bulbs at the front, it just ruined it. Thanks for the heads-up on the Osram Nightbreakers, but my mate had some on his Clio, and they didn't seem much brighter or whiter than my standard halogens. Thanks for the suggestion, theyre probably better than I remember though to be honest.

I just wanted a clear, crisp, clean looking white bulb and hopefully these will be just right, if not, I won't fit them.

Now, another daft question, are they hard to change? Im sure if I had a look it should be easy, but I just want to know if there's anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks!
    Last edited by A3 Sport; 29th August 2011 at 22:10.

Call me Dan :)

Status
    I've just bought some bulbs too, wondering whether I can get my hand in to change them...
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

Status
    Pretty easy, just note which way up the old ones came out ie which way the tangs were facing round the rim. I think the middle one goes to 6 O'clock but check

The new nightbreakers are nightbreaker + and put out the same light as extremes.

Cheers

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    If i was you i would go for night breakers, they are just as good....i have had both....and they are cheaper...this place is £10 a pair cheaper and when you need two pairs thats gotta be good.

Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs - H7 Night Breaker Plus
    these are the ones i love emm

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

MPG the new BPH

Status
    can i take these out to use with my drl's ?

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

2nd Gear

Status
    Just to add to this thread! My A3 has Xenon's and when I have my fog lights on, the fog lights look yellow in comparision! Is there any bulbs that anyone knows of that is brighter and a crisp white? Must be road legal though!

Cheers
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyW19 View Post
    Just to add to this thread! My A3 has Xenon's and when I have my fog lights on, the fog lights look yellow in comparision! Is there any bulbs that anyone knows of that is brighter and a crisp white? Must be road legal though!

Cheers
    yeah........as talked bout on post 4 above.....these: AUDI A3 ALL XENON SUPER WHITE HEADLIGHT BULBS HID H7 | eBay

MPG the new BPH

Status
    i was going to sugest led bulbs

Status
    You dont want a brilliant white light in Fog. !!

Cheers

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    You dont want a brilliant white light in Fog. !!
    Hahaa I'm not after a really bright chaved up one, just one that kind of blends in with the xenon? I'm really picky too, as I dont want a blue bulb - As in my eye when there not on they may look tacky?

The best i've seen so far are these : Clear Xenon Upgrade Headlight Bulbs H7 55w & FREE LED's | eBay

Do you think they will fit?

Thanks

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

Fossie

Status

Cheers
    Have you had any fog recently ? If not then why have you had the fogs on ?

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    maybe the heater matrix needs replacing and steaming up the windows and he thinks its foggy!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vw754 View Post
    maybe the heater matrix needs replacing and steaming up the windows and he thinks its foggy!
    Bugger ! - missed that one

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    Yeh, plenty of fog.

1st Gear

Status
    Okay, for the record people, Philips Xtreme Vision = crap. That bad we thought we had put the original bulb back in by mistake!

Status
    Told you to go for night breakers and they are cheaper.

1st Gear

Status
    Haha I know mate They are rubbish though, tip for anyone wanting any, leave your standard ones in, they're just as good!

You dont happen to have any pictures of the car with the Osram Nightbreakers Plus' do you? I want a crisp white light, not a blue light. These Philips 'Xtreme Vision' were yellow!