Immobiliser light on dash doesn't flash?

alinghi9

Reaction score
Hi

Noticed that normally the red light flashes on top of the dash comes on when the car is locked and recently noticed that now this does not happen, anyone know why this would be the case?

Thanks

To point out the daft obvious one... bulb gone?

To point out the daft obvious one... bulb gone?
,LOL
Its an L.E.D so doubt very much it will be that , try to check if your alarm /imobilser is actually working.Leave window open lock car wait a few minutes then stick you hand in .Alarm should opperate. If it doesn't check fuse for alarm .
Fuse 35 left hand side of dash pannel inside car ,should be a light brown fuse 5A.

its actually a very very dull light, i can only see mine at night its that dull!

Hi

Noticed that normally the red light flashes on top of the dash comes on when the car is locked and recently noticed that now this does not happen, anyone know why this would be the case?

The led by the sun sensor is controlled via the drivers door, on earlier modules there was a stupid 2 pin connector in the drivers door that had a black wire that came into the door, went to the connector, then connected to the door card, which then went down the card loom & connected to the door module, reason being was it connected to the main 32 pin connector which only came of with the door card, doh, the stupid thing about it is, the wire was relocated on later door modules to the main 20 pin connector, thus no round the houses anymore, why they didnt do this originally defies me, I relocated when I upgraded door modules.

Anyway, so if fuse not blown & alarm not working, drivers door would be my next step, possibly the lock itself as this has 3 microswitches iirc inside the lock that signals states.

try to check if your alarm /imobilser is actually working.

You mean check his alarm, immo & alarm completely seperate systems & dont interact with eachother :)

its actually a very very dull light, i can only see mine at night its that dull!

Yeah very true, I have to stick my nose on it at night to verify its working lol.

yeah i was just going to check if the light was visible during the day?

if the alarm doesn't trigger what's the worst case scenario or what would I need to replace?

thanks

yeah i was just going to check if the light was visible during the day?

if the alarm doesn't trigger what's the worst case scenario or what would I need to replace?

Check it at night, not day as its ridiculously dim.

What would you need to replace, until we know whats going on thats not a question anyone can help with, once you know about the led or test alarm, then go from there, next would be a scan of the car, then consider parts.

Alarm not working ?? could be postcode related. What's your exact address ?

No dont ! :o.k:

as the others have said the led is very dim i can only see mine at night even then its not very bright at all

just to slightly go off track here.......can it be upgraded for a brighter one?