where do you guys put your i phone?

gazzaw888

Reaction score
Clingo Universal Vent Mount Reviews & Comments

hi guys,

just looking for a bit of advice a bought one of these a while back for my i phone, all was going well until it ripped apart my nice shiny mk2 TT vent, just wondering what you guys use for your phone and what works in the audi set up

clingo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

cheers
Gary

Got Bluetooth so just leave mine in my pocket

In the bin. :thumbsup:

Reactions: n25gabe, shuttsies and Chappy
In the bin. :thumbsup:

Haha :p
I keep my HTC under neath the climate control unit :) as it's got a rubber case, it doesn't slide around.
We sell those Clingo things where I work, the windscreen mounts seem to be spot on. Also, Maplin do a proper 3G or iPhone 4 windscreen or dash holder, rotates multiple ways, seem to be decent too.

Don't have an iPhone, but my phone either stays in my pocket (connects over bluetooth) or goes on the little roller bit that covers the cup-holder under the armrest. Don't use it for music though, so don't have that worry.

Me too - not an iphone but smartphone stays in pocket or in roller bit if it needs charging.

Bluetooth connects automatically and displays on DIS

Don't have an iPhone, but my phone either stays in my pocket (connects over bluetooth) or goes on the little roller bit that covers the cup-holder under the armrest. Don't use it for music though, so don't have that worry.

couldnt agree more, put your iphone under the front wheel...... and buy one of many other brands, all far superior :)

Well thats alot of I-phone hate! Lol mine stays in my pocket on most journeys or ends up in the dock in the glove box. I do have a cradle I bought from halfrauds but I only use it when my tom tom is playing up as I use NavFree

Sorry to drag up an old thread , but I've been looking to do a custom cradle install into the coin drawer , but in the process of looking for parts I found this :

AUDI8PV2I

however for me it may be no good (bit pricey for one , looks like it may get in the way of climate controls and I may want to put a processor control unit in there)

but I did find this , that I may be able to bastardise to fit in the coin tray

iphone 4 - black charging docking station with 3.5mm line out

If anybody knows of other concealed/stealth Iphone/Ipod cradles I would appreciate the info.

one note : ideally I would like to be able to see my iphone so thats why I havent put it in the glove box

You can do that as others have aswell, but just make sure its solid in place as you dont want to flipping forward & find the screen cracked from an impact from some speedy manoeuvre.

Sorry to drag up an old thread , but I've been looking to do a custom cradle install into the coin drawer , but in the process of looking for parts I found this :

AUDI8PV2I

however for me it may be no good (bit pricey for one , looks like it may get in the way of climate controls and I may want to put a processor control unit in there)

That one looks quiet good. The universal **** holders it uses are also good snug fits. I have one of the universal docks at home for my iphone 4 that works really well

but I did find this , that I may be able to bastardise to fit in the coin tray

iphone 4 - black charging docking station with 3.5mm line out
one note : ideally I would like to be able to see my iphone so thats why I havent put it in the glove box

I had one of these before getting the apple universal dock and I have to say it's awful! The iPhone flops around in I and doesn't sit properly not to mention it just falls out of the dock as the connector does not click at all