2013 S3 - spy shots

The Cardinal

For the love of cars
Reaction score
The new S3 has been spotted in testing:

Audi S3 (2013) first spy photos and new A3 info | Secret New Cars | Car Magazine Online

Car's sources say that it's a 280bhp development of the current engine, with quad exhausts (bit naff IMO). Reading from other sites, it seems that they've been testing this car and the Mk7 Golf GTi together.

This just about confirms what we already knew: that the 2012 A3 looks similar to the current car and that the S3 will be at least a year later.

Last edited:
At least it has quad exhaust pipes, so they have tried a little bit.

Looks like a large A1, not digging it AT ALL!

Im not quite sure but it doesn't look much like the proposed sketches below either.

Why cant they just make it like this:

2012_audi_a3_3_door_render_2_cd_gallery.jpg

2012_audi_a3_3_door_render_1_cd_gallery.jpg

Because then they couldn't try and out trump BMW to the ugliest small hatch contest and compete with this:

image.axd

What I like about those sketches is the rear arch extension, I hasten to say it but it looks a bit like the Panamera rear, and I like it!

P.S. BMW have FAILED with that 1 series, MAJORLY!

P.S. BMW have FAILED with that 1 series, MAJORLY!

I reckon Audi allowed them to poach one of their designers with the express intention of fecking the car up as much as possible. Brief: give it a face not even a mother could love!

Reactions: RedDejavu
Dont really like it. I probably wont bother having an A3 or S3 when the new one comes out anyway.
I'll quite happily chill with an older 8P3 S3 or a cheeky A4 or TT :laugh:

I'll quite happily chill with an older 8P3 S3 or a cheeky A4 or TT :laugh:

Given the S3 retains the 2.0T and a mere 280PS, I think I'll have to look elsewhere next time round. Quite fncy a cheeky TiTty-RS next myself.

3 year old RS3 for me. However the engine power is a guess for the S3, no one knows yet

And I'll bet they'll be a bargain.......NOT!

yeh something like £3000.... i wont make the same mistake of missing them off the order sheet if i decide to buy one of these. Hope they change the design of the bucket slightly though to freshen things up...

RS3 owners will be ****** if this comes back just as competitive!

Buckets are overrated. had them for a year in my R32, look nice but no more comfortable than standard seats; more supportive though.

3 year old RS3 for me. However the engine power is a guess for the S3, no one knows yet

i also like the idea of this, hate to say it guys but the RS3 is really a grower. Its only the price that puts everyone/me off, I guarantee people wouldnt be moaning about the absence of things like fog lights etc if they/i could afford one new. As ive said, when you can pick up a low milage RS3 for 25-30k they will be an awesome car to buy/own.

As ive said, Mapped RS3 + Nice wheels & some coilovers = on to a major winner :wub:

i also like the idea of this, hate to say it guys but the RS3 is really a grower. Its only the price that puts everyone/me off, I guarantee people wouldnt be moaning about the absence of things like fog lights etc if they/i could afford one new. As ive said, when you can pick up a low milage RS3 for 25-30k they will be an awesome car to buy/own.

As ive said, Mapped RS3 + Nice wheels & some coilovers = on to a major winner :wub:

Only downer for me with the RS3 is lack of freshness with the interior, I know its a platform standard and they need to keep it that way, but it would have been great to see something new inside. An insight into the next platform A3 maybe?

Only downer for me with the RS3 is lack of freshness with the interior, I know its a platform standard and they need to keep it that way, but it would have been great to see something new inside. An insight into the next platform A3 maybe?

yeh i mean lets be honest, they were never going to change the interior for the RS3. To be fair the whole A3 range had just been updated, new switches, new nav, new centre colsoles, new DIS etc. They do do something special which is the quilted bucket seats but i remember seeing to get them as an extra they are like £5k or something ridiculous! oh and dont forget the RS£ emobroided mats which are like £450 :sadlike:

yeh i mean lets be honest, they were never going to change the interior for the RS3. To be fair the whole A3 range had just been updated, new switches, new nav, new centre colsoles, new DIS etc. They do do something special which is the quilted bucket seats but i remember seeing to get them as an extra they are like £5k or something ridiculous! oh and dont forget the RS£ emobroided mats which are like £450 :sadlike:

I agree with you rye.. It's the price that's not right.. The interior is lovely:wub: it may be an option, but I don't understand what peeps are expecting - something ostentatious !? Audi are classy and we've all got used to our interiors so much that we are no longer easy to please lol.. But bet you can't find many other cars in the same Market with better, or even as good..
Besides... This is about how I'd have an interior I think, nothing in here I would "whinge" about lol

7fc3b755.jpg

The line down the bottom of the door looks a bit like an after thought
I think Audi didnt want to buy new press moulds for the new a3 ,they have just tweaked an old design (A good design)

OMG, what have the done to the 1 series??? Before all that needed changing was the sill design so it didnt look like it was sagging but now it looks like they put it in the microwave!

Will just need to wait & see how the new A3 looks I guess...

warren i have just been sick from seeing that bmw aka the ugliest car in the world i think its just gone to hte top as most ugly beaten the fiat multipla lmfao

warren i have just been sick from seeing that bmw aka the ugliest car in the world i think its just gone to hte top as most ugly beaten the fiat multipla lmfao

It is the ugliest car launched this year, closely followed by the BMW X1, the Nissan Puke, and the Porker Panamera. If they were lasses they would all be 2 baggers.