cabriolet problems :(

Solly

My XBL GT - ii solly uk ii
Reaction score
I've been wondering i keep seeing people mentioning they have a convertible. im wondering how do i make my cabriolet into a convertible? :S

By changing what you call is is my best guess.

Semantics?

So hold on, if a drop top is a poorly built roof, I'm assuming a rag top is recycled from parts of other cabriolets/convertibles?

Don't get Ads started on soft and hard; you'll never know where it will end up.

To me Cabriolet / Rag top (makes me think of XR3i) / Soft top is a car with fabric hood

Convertible is more a word I think of using with SLK / 3 Coupe (latest) - e.g. hard to convertible - why I have no idea. But then maybe I'd call an S2000 a cconvertible as you can replace the soft top for a hard skin.

Oh fawk knows; now I'm even more confused than you lot.

Last edited:
ah i see so if a rag top is a cabriolet then a hard top can also be classed as a convertible, due to the fact the later cars can be either a hard or soft top. But then it goes back to soft top which is the same as a clothtop/ragtop? all in all there just classed as folding roofs?

Usually up the bum.
Sorry, I went too far. :3sadwalk:

So, what about sunroofs???
And are they still called that at night?

Is that an apology to the forum, or to the receiver??

And I don't think they are, as if you have black headlining on the car, you just pretend you don't have a sun roof until it's light again

ah i see so if a rag top is a cabriolet then a hard top can also be classed as a convertible, due to the fact the later cars can be either a hard or soft top. But then it goes back to soft top which is the same as a clothtop/ragtop? all in all there just classed as folding roofs?

Some roofs dont fold though, like the ones on a VW beetle, they just squish up.

squish tops?
cabriolets are the ones with just the middle of the roof goes away, convertible the whole thing goes down, the side pillars the lot.
cabriolet and targa are the same, panoramic sunroof too.

squish tops?
cabriolets are the ones with just the middle of the roof goes away, convertible the whole thing goes down, the side pillars the lot.
cabriolet and targa are the same, panoramic sunroof too.

so an a2 with a panoramic sunroof is or isn't a convertible, going on your definition

But what about targa roofs ;)

i've been a mechanic for a week so know quite a bit.
a tin top, the hard removable roofs. turning the car from a hardtop to a *convertable in seconds!

*deffo not a cabriolet though

So a bugatti veyron with the removable roof(that stays in a solid state) is a 'tin top'

i've been a mechanic for a week so know quite a bit.
a tin top, the hard removable roofs. turning the car from a hardtop to a *convertable in seconds!

*deffo not a cabriolet though

super karl being a mechanic for such a great deal of time have you ever done a cabriolet conversion before?

I think they got this convertible a bit wrong....

article-2015773-0D0C44B400000578-85_634x426.jpg