Chris NottEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Front fog lights help please!!!

Hi guys I'm new to the forum, was just a quick question, I have upgraded my 2003 Audi A3 to 2008 s line bumper and S3 grille, the fog light grills are from 2008 also, I bought some fog lights which are circular for 2008 but take H11 bulbs, I have asked around and everyone says my car should take H7, problem I have the old fog lights won't fit. The h11 bulbs dnt fit into my cable as one side on the cable from the car is flat and both sides it's connects into on H11 bulbs are circular, is ther any way I can get this to fit? Ur help would be appreciated thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    if im on the right path here: yes your 2003 A3 should take h7 like these: the 2008 ones you have are like these:..........i think you need to find a 2008 car and cut the fog lamp wiring and solder the wiring on to your car,thats what i would do personally.......best option if you ask me.
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for ur help, I'll give that a try, I'll find one from the breakers somewhere. Was hoping there would be some sort of adapter make it easier lol.
    Cheers

P.S am rite in thinking as I've got an S3 bumper just needs spraying, the fog light grilles for this would be same fit for 2008 fog lights? I.e. The circular ones not flat top? I haven't got the fig grilles yet?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Manni.singh; 25th August 2011 at 07:13.

events moderator

Status
    is it a s-line bumper or a S3 bumper as in post 1 you say s-line bumper and in post 3 you say S3 bumper ??
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    S-line and S3 share the same fog lights, though the grills are different.
    the connector for the S-line h11 bulb is different from the connector of the standard H7, so you would need to get hold of a fog connector from an s-line model
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Neutral

Status
    It's an s line bumper but ive got an s3 bumper which will be putting on later but they share same fog lights, dofferent grille same fit. thanks for ur advice will try get the adaptor