The latest RNS-E???

R55 MRU

Reaction score
Ok so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I purchased the latest NAV (RNS-E) from audi (2011 Black surround model). Now. They told me that the black surround rns-e model only comes in the black edition cars? is this correct. I know that the latest navigation unit has better graphics and can handle 32gb cards etc. But is this new model only available with a black surround? What unit do i actually have in my car at the moment while Audi have ordered the black surround one in for me?

Judging by this site the latest version is available with the normal surround?

RNS-E 3G Pics - Vw & Audi Sat Nav, Bluetooth , TV Tuners, Cruise Control Installations UK

Can anyone shed some light on this for me.. Thanks

Reactions: Manni.singh
Here is what is in my car at the moment until audi receive the shipment of the new unit through richter sport
one-4.jpg

Mine has a cd/tv button so I assume that's not the latest model. When Audi switch it over is there any direct way I can tell?

Yes , sorry just noticed your buttons...2nd button should say MEDIA...

You have a mk1 unit atm & the mk2 has a media button in place of the cd/tv

So As long as It says media. And has silver dials. It will be the Led screen High res display model? As seen with a black surround

The only true way to tell is to turn it on & see the screen setup & resolution, obvious differences, as some monkeys have stuck media button on mk1's to con others.

Okay just wanted to be armed up with some knowledge for when I am called back for it to be switched over. I made it clear I wanted the black surround model looks much neater

There was a boggo tt in my local dealers with a gloss black surround.

I personally like the matt finish over gloss I think :think: anyone got a pic of the piano black surround?

Hmm that is quite nice too.. Now I'm torn!

I thought the RNS-E unit with glossy black surround was fitted in all MY11 cars ordered with Nav, not only the BE models. I could be wrong however :) x

You could well be right Paulie, maybe its std kit on all S3's now. I just assumed as it was called piano black it might be part of the BE thing which has piano black fittings as std . Its not like they gave a name to the non piano black. :)

Saw it in the rs3 as well in audis showroom I think it's standard fit

Heading down to richter sport tomorrow to have my new nav fitted. Will get some pics up asap

Last edited:
This is mine...i was trying to show how its worth going for the gloss if you have piano black gear surround etc but its a crap phone picture :)

S33.jpg

This is mine...i was trying to show how its worth going for the gloss if you have piano black gear surround etc but its a crap phone picture :)

S33.jpg

I think you're right on yours Paddy, mainly because you have the ashtray cover in gloss black too - which goes nicely together...

I have the smoking delete pack so I have a matt storage bit in front of the gearstick, so it ties into my centre console differently.. Again crap phone pic!
d98f880e.jpg