S3 road tax

£260, assuming it's a 8p.

Last edited:
Pre 2008 is £260, post 2008 should be £245 (co2 rating dropped on later car)

I've just put my reg into DVLA and it came back 260. Think they've upped the 'robbing'

Just paid mine on new car £245....you will save £15 in October Warren :)...except of course new car tax :-(

Just paid mine on new car £245....you will save £15 in October Warren :)...except of course new car tax :-(

£445 in year 1 :sign_unfair:

£445 in year 1 :sign_unfair:

I bought mine with 230 !!! miles on the clock and the last owner had cashed the tax back in so re taxing it cost just £245 :) as it was officially second hand :)

I think it's £260 for all manuals pre-2011. S-Tronics & all current year models are £245. Just out of interest (and going OT slightly) does anyone know what Audi did to the manual S3 to get it below 200g/km? Given that CO2 is directly related to MPG it now appears that the fuel consumption for both is identical, when previously the S-Tronic was slightly more economical...

They probably just set it extra lean for the duration of the test. Dont forget this is not real life, its a bit like testing the MPG on a rolling road with no wind resistance or gradients ( as they do) its just a pie in the sky figure really :)

I think it's £260 for all manuals pre-2011. S-Tronics & all current year models are £245. Just out of interest (and going OT slightly) does anyone know what Audi did to the manual S3 to get it below 200g/km? Given that CO2 is directly related to MPG it now appears that the fuel consumption for both is identical, when previously the S-Tronic was slightly more economical...

Didn't they fit regenerative alternators from a certain date? They would bring down the Co2. Does the S3 have Start / Stop?

bump.

getting an S3 soon so just wondering if anyone has seen a rise in their S3 road tax lately?

car im thinking about is a 2007 S3

bump.

getting an S3 soon so just wondering if anyone has seen a rise in their S3 road tax lately?

car im thinking about is a 2007 S3

Current costs for the S3 is:

12 month = £280.00
6 month = £154.00

same as my cupra R. went up from april 2013.

is the price the same or different for post 2008 s3s?

thanks

Mines a Jan 2011 (3dr Manual) and was £265 iirc for 12 months back in April.