2.0 FSI EGR Valve

sohail579

Reaction score
I need to replace the EGR Valve on my 53 plate A3, I was hoping that somone could help me locate one or tell me the best place to buy..

Audi want £230+VAT
GSF want £166inc VAT

Does anyone have any other alternatives? the plastic cogs have sheared off which is why im replacing

I need to replace the EGR Valve on my 53 plate A3, I was hoping that somone could help me locate one or tell me the best place to buy..

Audi want £230+VAT
GSF want £166inc VAT

Does anyone have any other alternatives? the plastic cogs have sheared off which is why im replacing

Taken from another site:

I fixed this by the way. The EGR valve houses crappy PLASTIC gears driven by a stepper motor with a METAL gear! The plastic gear had lost a couple of teeth so was not being driven anymore. As the maximum angle the gear moved was only 90 degrees, I just removed the gear and rotated it so that the sheared teeth are out of the range of movement. Reset the fault code and all is good! This can all be done while the EGR valve is still in situ, just open the top cover to reveal the gears.

Is it possible for you to do the same and buy youself some time?

Taken from another site:

Is it possible for you to do the same and buy youself some time?

im afraid its not possible for me as when i take out the big gear on top the one underneath is the one with the problem and that will only stay fixed in that position and more than half are broken off it looks like its been trying to keep catching on something and over time its now totally worn

have managed to source one for £50 its used but a heck of a lot cheaper!

is there anything i should know when changing my EGR Valve? i know about the hard to get to bolt but how about seals? is there any seals i should be changing?

I fitted a new one so im not sure but i cant see them needing replaced unless they are obviously split or worn. Apart from the teeth, mine looked like new, not like some of the diesel ones you see on the forum.

I fitted a new one so im not sure but i cant see them needing replaced unless they are obviously split or worn. Apart from the teeth, mine looked like new, not like some of the diesel ones you see on the forum.

thanks will check it out when i install then