Chris NottEM Tuning

Thread: s3 spoiler

jonnysimm

Status

s3 spoiler

hi everyone i was just wondering if any one can help me ? ive just got a s3 spoiler for my audi a3 2004 and was wondering which is the best way to fix it to my car shall i just cut the bolts off that are on it and bond it to the car or try and put some holes in the boot of my car ? i feel it would be easier to bond it to the car but there could be a chance of it coming off ? or if any one has bonded it to the car only could any one recommend any good glues/bonds ?

many thanks to any one who can help.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I cut off the bolts on my old tdi and tiger sealed it to the roof I used quite a lot of bonding material and tacked it down with fastening tape It didn't budge
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

jonnysimm

Status
    ok thanks for that i didnt fancy puting holes in my car. ill make sure i put plenty of tiger bond on it. would you say to try and make a seal with tiger bond to stop any water under it ?

4th Gear

Status
    Tbh mate it won't really matter if water gets under it although i would try make a long lined seal as close to the lip of the spoiler tbh. mine went on very well
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

JNP
    1st Gear

Status
    Did you get yours off Ebay Jonny? I have been looking for a spoiler for ages....
    S3 8L AMK 51' - V3 Badger TIP - Jetex Cone w/ Heatshield - Forge FMDV008 - DS2500 Front Pads - 312/256 Discs - HR Sportkit