2010 S3 Fog Lights - What Bulb?

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Can anyone tell me what the bulbs are in my 2010 S3 Foglights? I'll looking to get some LEDs ones to replace the horrid yellow ones which don't match the Xenons or DRL LEDs. Anyone else done this? I want ones that don't cause errors.

Thanks

I don't think anyone has come across any LED H11 bulbs that don't cause DIS errors, Silky :(. It's the same situation as with the LED number plate lights. I am thinking of buying some non-LED H11's and quite fancy the sound of PIAA Xtreme Force, which are 4700K lumens and will be near to a perfect match for the OE Xenons (4300K). They are expensive, but they won't cause any errors and will look lovely and white :) x

PIAA H-318 H11 4700K Xtreme Force Halogen Bulbs | eBay

Last edited:
OK thanks Paullie. I'll take a look into them... :)

You could do what I have done and install a H11 xenon kit in there. Only cost me about £50 and no DIS errors works perfectly fine and looks great too!

You could do what I have done and install a H11 xenon kit in there. Only cost me about £50 and no DIS errors works perfectly fine and looks great too!

Ash, do you know if this has been tried on a facelift model? I know some people have fitted LED's in their 8P2's without DIS errors (ie number plate lights and fog lights) but the Canbus system on the 8P3 seems to be much more sensitive. I have tried seemingly 'Canbus compatible' LED's in both my fog lights and my number plate lights and whilst they worked okay they also brought up DIS errors, which I couldn't live with. :wub: x

Sorry Paullie, but i have no idea if anyone else in the UK has xenon fogs on an A3... certainly haven't seen them here. LED brings up errors as it draws much lower power then a standard bulb, with Xenon however the difference in power drawn from a halogen isnt as great.

here is the kit i used which has been working perfectly since i installed it:
H11 Xenon HID Conversion Kit

Sorry Paullie, but i have no idea if anyone else in the UK has xenon fogs on an A3... certainly haven't seen them here. LED brings up errors as it draws much lower power then a standard bulb, with Xenon however the difference in power drawn from a halogen isnt as great.

here is the kit i used which has been working perfectly since i installed it:
H11 Xenon HID Conversion Kit

Cheers for that, Dude. The Canbus on the facelift models is extremely sensitive, so it would more than likely detect the lower 35W draw of the Xenons than the standard 55W halogens. I understand why they make the system the way it is, ..but why make it so ultra sensitive?? It's not fair, ..I hate having poxy yellow foggies, lol! :( x

It's not fair, ..I hate having poxy yellow foggies, lol! :( x

So true! I've got the guy on here that does the LEDs looking at if he can get his supplier to make a CAN bus fog lamp. I'll let you know...

So true! I've got the guy on here that does the LEDs looking at if he can get his supplier to make a CAN bus fog lamp. I'll let you know...

Cheers Dude, would really appreciate it. :wub: Paula x

White colour light in fog is a nightmare.
The Yellow colour from the halogen works better.
You will have a massive reflection from the fog with pure white fog lights.
That's why sometimes you see yellow coloured lamps
Just a thought.

Good point but I can count the amount of times I've used front fogs on any car with one hand, they are not very effective! I want White ones for looks really, especially for CH/LH lights.

White colour light in fog is a nightmare.
The Yellow colour from the halogen works better.
You will have a massive reflection from the fog with pure white fog lights.
That's why sometimes you see yellow coloured lamps
Just a thought.

I bought a set of 3000K yellow Xenon effect H11's so might give them a go and see what they look like, ..they won't look any worse than the standard ones, that's for sure, lol. :wub: x

I bought a set of 3000K yellow Xenon effect H11's so might give them a go and see what they look like, ..they won't look any worse than the standard ones, that's for sure, lol. :wub: x

Error free ones?