De-assembling Front Grille MY10

J8Y PW

Reaction score
Hi All

I have recently purchased a standard Chrome and Grey grille off ebay.

I am looking to de assemble the grille to 1) fix a crack on the chrome surround and 2) Spray the whole grille gloss black, like that of the black edition. (Not paying £300 from Audi when a standard one is sitting there for £30)

I have tried removing the chrome surround and chrome rings for obvious reasons (spraying), but having great difficulty. The clips at the back seem impossible to remove without feeling like the whole unit is going to SNAP! And the rings are actually impossible to get to due to a back plate covering the rear. HELP! :S

Can anyone recommend some simple steps to complete this task?

Thanks

Yes, remove the front bumper.

People have tried to take the grill off without taking the bumper off, probably why your's is cracked. It's very tricky to do and for the 30 minutes it takes to whip the bumper off, rather then buying another new grill.
Although you could of bought my Black Optics S-Line one :p

Dan

How much are you wanting for it? I am on a budget dont ya know! :happy:

I have actually bought a separate grille, it is not currently on the car. The trouble I am having is getting the chrome pieces to come off. Can you recommend how to do this?

Cheers

I don't know how they go for mate, I'll have a look on ebay in mo.

From what I've read they're very strong clips, don't be afraid of them snapping it can be a pain by the looks of it as there is a lot of clips.

Cheers

May just get the guy who is going to spray it to have a look, Im sure he has seen it all before.

Any other tips would be appreciated!

You'd be better trying yourself, atleast if you damage it you'll have no one to blame!

The Black Optics grills seem to go for around £100 on ebay mate, is that too much for you?