Ambient Interior Lighting+

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Looking good mate :)
Is that the OEM light under the A/C unit?
Thanks bud,
Yes its the OEM centre console light, didn't know it was even there but its hiding under the cage underneath the HVAC unit. Seems that the Double din units do come with the LED in there. I was working on a LED unit to go in there but noticed there was a red glow already there once i removed the HVAC and Ashtray... managed to get it out of its holder and it clips onto the underneath of the HVAC unit quite nicely though it does need something there to hold it into place. i have just temporarily secured it with some blue tack until i find a proper alternative.

Looks good bud...

What head unit have you got in there?

Its a Pioneer P4200DVD unit with bluetooth and iPod connections. works perfectly with the factory Bose and matches the dash lighting well.

How did you wire in the footwell lights dude? Do them come on when you unlock the car or just when the ignition is switched on?

Edit: what do you mean about the units? I have the same console will mine have the lights there?

How did you wire in the footwell lights dude? Do them come on when you unlock the car or just when the ignition is switched on?

Edit: what do you mean about the units? I have the same console will mine have the lights there?

The red ambient lights are all wired up to the cigarette lighter cables so they only come on when the lights are switched on. i already have white LEDs in my footwells and they turn on when the car is unlocked.

here is where i found the OEM unit (its that glow i noticed but only came on when the ignition was on and the lights where switched on):

4ecf2427.jpg

unclipped it with a screwdriver:

59149123.jpg

the actual part itself:
2c988684.jpg

lol looks messy! how do i know if mine has this already in there?

the only way i found out it was there was to remove the ashtray and move the HVAC unit, then have the car lights on and look for a red glow... i dont know if the fact that i already have the light pack in my car changes the fact that i already had it?

haha! just came home from work and while i was coming through the Blackwall tunnel the lights came on... to be honest its not very bright or that noticeable which i guess serves the purpose of it being ambient.
but there is a kiddish part of me thinking i should get the bulbs to shine over the pedals to get that red 'Max power' glow :racer: