My new 08 S3 pics and thoughts!

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
After owning 2 x 3.2 dsg sportbacks over the last 5 yrs, the time had come for me to move into something else. I have always loved the low down torque and relaxed cruising style of driving that the 3.2dsg gave. However with the car now 6 yrs old and having the potential to be very expensive if anything went wrong I decided to move on.
Being a petrol head at heart but also realistic on what is practical and affordable I considered a number of cars,

Golf edition 30/Pirelli
Megane RS
Clio Gordini
Giulietta cloverleaf
BMW 330/335d
BMW 335i
Audi S3

Ultimately though it came down to one thing..........quattro! I knew that would be the one thing I would miss more than anything else.
Anyway I'd been trawling the ads for a while looking for one with the required options (i.e most of them!) and after looking at a few I found one in a local dealership at the right price. A few days of negotiations later, I had got a decent part-ex price for mine and the deal was done and here it is!
IMAG0374.jpg

IMAG0373.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0376.jpg

Was a little unsure of the interior looking on the ad pictures, but in reality I think it's one of the nicest things on the car, really does go with the exterior.
I knew it wouldn't have the low down torque of the 3.2, but tbh it's better than I expected it to be and it feels a whole lot quicker! Overall I'm very happy with the change and don't miss the big V6 as much as I thought I would.

I took the BBS CK'S of my 3.2 but tbh I'm not really feeling them on the S3 so could be up for grabs, what do you guys think?
IMAG0371.jpg

Comments appreciated

Looks pretty lush that mate :)

PM me about your wheels, maybe interested.

I kind of thought you guys would hate the BBS's so I would sell them lol!

Yeah, we all hate he CKs. Luckily just about anyone would probably be nice enough to take them off your hands for a reasonable price ;)

Actually, just stick them on, they'll be great on a red S3!

They are on !! sort of :)

Yeah, we all hate he CKs. Luckily just about anyone would probably be nice enough to take them off your hands for a reasonable price ;)

Actually, just stick them on, they'll be great on a red S3!

Last edited:
Looks good Ju :) I like the seats as well. I have the same with black and white and white stitching and it really ties the inside to the outside.

Not sure about the wheels, kinda like the tie in between the stock wheels/mirrors and grill. Maybe the wheels would work in silver ?

Glad you are pleased mate, they are a good car and the poor old 3.2 is becoming a bit of history now. Like you i just knew the next bill was going to be huge :)

Love the interior, not sure about the colour of the CK's, maybe get the colour changed?

My11 rear lights and it's perfect :)

What options did u get with it?

They are on !!
lol, the're just stuck in front
I think they are too dark for the car tbh, I like the silver against the red to match the door mirrors

The 2 tone interior really does brighten up the car inside

Love the interior, not sure about the colour of the CK's, maybe get the colour changed?

My11 rear lights and it's perfect :)

What options did u get with it?

It came with

RNSE
Telephone prep in armrest
FBMFSW
Adaptive xenons
Bose
Light and Rain pack
Interior light pack
Folding and dimming door mirrors
Through load with rear armrest
Black/Crimson nappa leather
Coming home/leaving lights

Have the cruise and cd changer to retrofit

Last edited:
Lovely S3 Buddy! CK's are sweet, but I agree that they are perhaps to dark against the red. Interior's lush! :wub: x

Congratz on the new car fella :thumbsup: Looks lovely and like the two tone interior!
I'd keep the BBS CK and put them on! Will look awesome:happy: Or swap them for my lighter BBS CK ;)

Lovely S3 Buddy! CK's are sweet, but I agree that they are perhaps to dark against the red. Interior's lush! :wub: x
Aww thanks Paullie:thumbsup:, but yours is :hubbahubba:

Knew that the CK's wouldn't look right from day one tbh so they'll be in the classifieds once I get some pics sorted! (............cue the barrage of PM's!!)

Aww thanks Paullie:thumbsup:, but yours is :hubbahubba:

Knew that the CK's wouldn't look right from day one tbh so they'll be in the classifieds once I get some pics sorted! (............cue the barrage of PM's!!)

Aww thank you so much! :wub: Lol, yeah, you had best clear your inbox before posting your classified ad for your wheels as you WILL get a barrowload of interest on them for sure!! :wub: xx

Car is stunning, always loved red. You will need to have a word with the Mods to do something about your user name now LOL

I know, but I might just keep it as a homage to the mighty V6 lol!

Tbh Red wasn't my first choice as I've always had metallic or pearlescent cars but it looks mint with the interior:o.k:

Lovely car, good spec, fabulous colour.

Hi Ju, pleased your loving the new car mate, looks great... however I actually like those wheels on that car, with the mirrors black would look spot on? All your cars have looked good tho so if you get some different wheels, sure they will be good! Are you going to map it at all? if you miss the torque of the V6 like I did then the map really sorts that out, transforms that engine!!! Happy modding!

Wes

Red S3s are very rare, any plans?
Not really given it much thought yet, although I'm colour coding the sharkfin and fitting the options I mentioned. It's hard enough, living where I do, to get insurance for the S3 without mods on so lowering it at the moment is probably a no-no. I will do the wheels but not the BBS CK's that I have as they are a little dark against the red for my liking. Remap will come later as it feels a fair bit quicker than the 3.2 as it is!

Hi Ju, pleased your loving the new car mate, looks great... however I actually like those wheels on that car, with the mirrors black would look spot on? All your cars have looked good tho so if you get some different wheels, sure they will be good! Are you going to map it at all? if you miss the torque of the V6 like I did then the map really sorts that out, transforms that engine!!! Happy modding!

Wes

I do love the Ck's, probably one of the nicest wheels that I have seen, but I don't think they stand out enough against the red. I Might end up going with some CH's in silver

Put the genuine wheels back on. You don't need to mess about with an S3 IMHO.

The genuine wheels are on, the CK's are just placed in front.
Don't agree about the standard wheels though to be fair, although they are ok for now, they aren't my favourite wheel

I like mine more now that they're dirty, more of an anthracite look. Really need to clean my car right now though.

It's a great car - in a great colour! Would you have gone with DSG again if you could have found an S3 with it (they're all post-2009)?

IMO red works best with silver wheels and I'd personally consider the factory option Speedline split rims. :)

they ll look great. easiest thing todo is to put them on and then decide

lovely colour :) , chuck the bbs on there
I just think I want to go in a different route tbh
It's a great car - in a great colour! Would you have gone with DSG again if you could have found an S3 with it (they're all post-2009)?

IMO red works best with silver wheels and I'd personally consider the factory option Speedline split rims. :)
Would have gone DSG and sportback but couldn't justify £25k +
Agree that silver looks best with red and I do have a set of 18" speedlines ready to refurb but I'm not sure they look right on an S3

Thanks for everyones comments, I take them all on board!

Although I love the look of Frans A3, I think I prefer the silver wheels on yours. They're not the most amazing wheel out there, but I like the 'proper' S3 look and wouldn't want to mess with it.
I know it goes against the grain, but I'd stick with the standard S3 ones. Luckily we all like different things or life would be boring.

I think you need to live with it for a while and enjoy it for what it is. after time it becomes a lot clearer which way you want to take it in your own mind. There is never any rush and coming up with something original is always better than doing what everyone else does or says. Look at Paulies S3, a brilliant example of original ideas and probably the best S3 we have ever had on this site. Take your time and enjoy :)

Good choice from the list,I love the black wheels but echo Paddy's wise words...patience
Oh and when you want a remap don't let geography be a factor ;)

Red & black, goes together well imho, especially the CK's, stick them on, blacken the mirror covers, optics grill, gloss black front & rear lip/valance, job done, will look stunning :)