DSG Alloy Paddles

Japper

Ibis S3 Fan Club
Reaction score
Thought I'd keep all you interested people in the picture. I got around to taking off one of the std. paddles today after talking to a manufacturing contact. I have sent photo's to him and will let you know if and when I get an acceptable response. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Paddle1

Paddle2

Could you get them made a little bigger? Just seems they are a tad small when the wheels not at the dead ahead, perhps if they where a little larger it would be easier to change gear whilst negiotating the twisities?

J.

Yep, already been sketching out a couple of options and trying them for size, Blue Peter stylee ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

marriedblonde.

Managed to find the infamously expensive ones from the LHD R32. These seem a lot better in regards shape and functionality.

They also show the simplified milling detail on the inside as compared to the injection moulded plastic ones.

Paddle01
Paddle13
Paddle19

Absolutely - count me in.

They look a lot better with the extra height on that golf shot.

Yep, really easy to fit. Turn steering wheel 180 deg. Unscrew one Torx screw ( T15 ) Paddle lifts off with tiny spring behind. Replace with new paddle in reverse order. 5 min job max. for pair.

Have you tried posting on some other vw and audi forums to get the numbers up? I'm sure I've read threads on the TT forum where lots of people were interested in getting the alloy paddles before the price got hiked up.

i will probably be up for it -

are you guys thinking of changing them back to std before the car goes in to the dealers?

I'd be interested in a set Japper,especially if you're offering free fitting within the Aberdeen area !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bowfer

I wondered when you was going to join in the group buy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Free fitting, no problem my friend, all part of the service /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bowfer, wasnt this an earlier quote:

Re: Fitting an S-Line grill badge to Sportback [Re: poppyday]

I'm with you poppyday.
Each to their own,but it does seem a wee bit strange.
It'd be a wee bit 'naughty' if it became an issue come selling time as well.
Not that I'm suggesting bnw123 will do it,but there are people that would add on some dosh and try and dupe a prospective private buyer.

There's a guy locally who's taken this practice to the N-th degree.
He's got an Impreza that looks like a turbo and sounds like a turbo.
It's just the cooking non-turbo version though.All show and no-go.He probably can't afford the insurance of a real one but,with the money he's spent making it look like something it isn't,he might have been able to get a real one after all !

End Quote . . .

I guess this is a case of each to his own wouldn't you say

[ QUOTE ]
Yup,totally different.
Fitting alloy paddles isn't trying to pass the car off as something it isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless of course the car isn't a DSG to start with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Right guys, I have a semi firm price for these now. The tooling charge is still to be confirmed and would only be confirmed when sample Alu paddles received ( for pattern ) by manufacturer / supplier. But I think this is, give or take a quid an accurate price. The mould will do 16 paddles at a time so this is the qty. we need to proceed. Because of this ( rather than 20 ) the price has risen slightly ( same tooling charge and sample paddles )

So, waffle over, the price would be £93 / set + £2pp ( bowfer no pp for you )

The finish would be a 'satin' finish similar to that of the R32 ones. The + and - would be indented into the paddle, not painted. You could always fill in with black paint if you wanted.

I have 11 names, including myself at the moment, so need another five buyers.

Let me know what you guys think !

Good idea !, here goes

Japper, marriedblonde, miket, Rankrotten, OutLore, Eeef, coolio, David67, Cats, Fobber, bowfer.

Think that's everyone so far !

Hi Japper

I think you have me down for a set. Price is fine

DO yo have me down, if not please put me down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stick me down for a set. Let me know when payment and how is required.

Thanks

Steve

I have opened this up to the guys over at UK TT Forum so hopefully there will be some new interest to boost numbers and maybe members to AS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Yes please - put me down for a set as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Japper - you've already put in a lot of effort to get this far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

15 people is a lot to organise, but 31 is going to be a right pain!

Personally, I'm happy to pay £10 more if it saves you the hassle of finding & dealing with 16 more people.

Of course, it's up to you.

Cheers for the thought miket. Yes I think i am going to close this mid next week. I have 19 at the mo. Looks like I'll order the 16 and keep it open for future orders. That way future A-S.Net members can benefit. VAG parts will take a week to supply R32 Paddles, and I am still trying to finalise payment terms with manufacturer.

I am just making sure everything is certain and I am 100% happy that we'll get a product befitting the Audi interior, before I ask you all to part with hard earned.

Could one of the s-line owners, Eeef, marriedblonde do me a favour and check that your paddles match up with the piccies I took of mine. Just wanna check that Audi haven't changed anything before we get ready to order ali version.

Cheers guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

look identical to me.

I presume your manufacturere is cool with producing the detail on the rear? The little knobbly bits are quite important from memory i.e. spring locator etc.

Are they just gonna be plain are are we going to get a + & - on them?

Cheers Eeef,

I am going to order the R32 ones on Monday. When I receive them I will measure the position of all the important lugs. Then I will factor in the contraction rate to make sure everything will be fine or if I need to advise the manufacturer to tweak mould to allow for shrinkage.

The +/- will be cast into the paddle, so it will be 'indented' rather than printed on. Should look really good.

If wanted the +/- could be filled with black paint, but I think it will look more OE with out.

Can the following please e-mail me, so I can reply with my details for payment. I cant get the PM to work for any more than one at a time :/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

marriedblonde, miket, Rankrotte, OutLore, TTLAW, Eeef, coolio, David67, Cats, Fobber, bowfer, fuzzynapper.

That way I can send a group reply to you all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif