Front bymper removal - did i miss any screws?

Stink

Reaction score
Yesterday was going to wrap the chrome split grill on the car,

took teh 3 tork screws out from the top of the grill, the 5 underneath the bumper and removed the 4 screws from each whell arch but the bumper wouldnt shift? Have I missed any?

I do remember on my golf you had to remove the lower front grills as there were 2 screws holding the bumper in at the front one on either side is this the same for the Audi? Tried to get the grill off with the bumper on and managed to unclip the bottom row but couldnt get the ones at the top to unclip and didnt want to force it :p

In the end just debadged the rear and replaced with a black badge and swaped the front badge for a black one, just need to get that grill off to get the crabon fibre wrap done

im keen to know this too as i need to get my front bumper off!!

You're totally correct with all the ones you've already thought to remove, Dude. Besides those, you need to pull back each wheel arch liner and running horizontally along the side of each of the inner front wings (where they meet the bumper) there are 2 vertical bolts which are a bit fiddly to remove. There is also another bolt (10mm socket needed to remove IIRC) just underneath each headlight that needs to come off. The bumper will sit in place even with all of these screws and bolts off, so don't worry about it falling off. Then you just have to pull forwards and downwards gently on either side to free it up from the car. :wub: x

will attempt this again on tuesday when i have a day off :)

Yesterday was going to wrap the chrome split grill on the car,

took teh 3 tork screws out from the top of the grill, the 5 underneath the bumper and removed the 4 screws from each whell arch but the bumper wouldnt shift? Have I missed any?

I do remember on my golf you had to remove the lower front grills as there were 2 screws holding the bumper in at the front one on either side is this the same for the Audi? Tried to get the grill off with the bumper on and managed to unclip the bottom row but couldnt get the ones at the top to unclip and didnt want to force it :p

In the end just debadged the rear and replaced with a black badge and swaped the front badge for a black one, just need to get that grill off to get the crabon fibre wrap done

why do you need bumper off to wrap the grills ?

As said the bumper doesnt need to be taken off to wrap the split grilles. Un do the torx screws three at the top and then pull it out.
Reach down and push the lower grille out it clips in to the bumper.

Last edited:
as above thats whet i was getting at

tried that but just just a ******, managed to unclip the row of clips on the bottom of the top grill but it wouldnt budge from the top and didnt want to snap any of the clips would just be easier to get the bumper off, only a 5 min job just needed to know where the other scews were

Last edited:
took me 5 mins to remove both
had them off wrapped and back on in an hour and that was going slow

took me 5 mins to remove both
had them off wrapped and back on in an hour and that was going slow

will give it another go as it would be easier to leave the bumper on it was just the clips at teh top that wouldnt budge and i didnt want to snap them, might try a small screwdriver to ease them out a bit