Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

ESP and another warning light both on

Hi everyone,

Since last week the ESP warning light is showing on the dash of my '05 A3 TDi Sport, and this morning another one joined the party:

I couldn't find it in the manual - is it the engine management or emissions light? It's booked in for a diagnostics check on Monday at Russell Automotive Centre, London, who quoted £36-70 for a check - whereas Audi quoted £140.

Anyone ever had the same problem? Worried that this is going to be a pricey fix as both lights are on. :s
    A3 2.0TDi Sport DSG. Metallic Silver, Black Alcantara Interior, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Light/Rain Sensors, BOSE, Cruise Control, Front Centre Armrest, Full Votex Kit.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    That's the emissions light, currently got that and the glow plug light flashing on my dash at the moment! Lesson learned, stick to a petrol engine!

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers, hope you get yours sorted.
    A3 2.0TDi Sport DSG. Metallic Silver, Black Alcantara Interior, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Light/Rain Sensors, BOSE, Cruise Control, Front Centre Armrest, Full Votex Kit.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Grab yourself a vcds mate, then you can diagnose yourself this time & going forward, pays for itself easily & convenience factor, PM me if you're interested in 1.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Same happened on my 1.6 petrol, id been on holiday an came home a week later, it was fine until petrol light came on and these came om, as soon as i put petrol in they went off, my mechanics theory was leave it until they come back on or if it seems to run suspiciously

1st Gear

Status
    It was a faulty ABS module / brake pressure sensor - apparently a common fault in A3s between 2004-2008. The garage said it would normally cost in excess of £1000 to replace the module but can repair it for £569 inc!

They've also advised me to replace the cam belt soon as the car is at 45k - how much should I expect to pay for that?

1st Gear

Status
    Cambelts shouldn't need changing yet, it's every 80k isn't it? I would give it another 10-15k before a new cambelt
    AUDI A3 Mods; Genuine S3 18" wheels, Single Grille conversion