Climate Control probs ?....

Kriminal

Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure if it really is a prob, but I think my Climate Control has stopped regulating - if I switch on 'Auto', as I normally would when using the CC it starts of with a few bars on the display and kicks in after a few seconds to start regulating the temperature in the car.

Well, it doesn't seem to be doing this now :(

If I move the temperature to HI, or LOW, it will kick in faster to regulate (I presume).

It's not that it's the end of the world, but I was just wondering if anybody else has come across this, and if it's a simple thing to sort out.

Cheers

When you switch on climate control, the in-car sensors measure the internal temperature and compare it with the temperature that you have set. This takes a few seconds. The information gained is used to set the fan speed. If for example you have set 19 deg, and the internal temp is measured at 24 degrees, the fans will run quite fast (perhaps almost 3/4 full speed). As soon as the temperature in the car approaches the set temperature, the fans slow down to one or two bars. While this is happening, of course cold air should be exiting from the vents. If this is happening as described, your CC is operating normally. Should the fans not slow down after a while, or less than cold air is being blown into the car at first, then one would suspect the compressor is not working to spec, or even not working at all.

Login with vcds, to module 08, then click on Basic Settings, type 001 & Go, then it will do an adaptation to check all the flaps etc are correctly set, when says done, come out & turn of everything, start car again & test, see if that helps.

Thanks guys. I tested it again Today, and it looks like I may have had a 'Krim panic attack', as when I switched it on this afternoon (when it was nice and warm outside) it kicked up the speed to regulate the temperature, and brought it down real quick.

Thanks for the replies though - I'll make notes in case it happens again :icon_thumright: