help with fault code please p1847 18255 A3 2.0 TDI 140 BHP REG JULY 2005

adiehorrocks

Reaction score
hi there,

i would like some help with this code,

twice now i have tried to start my car on different occasions and it did not start.

i scanned for faults and on both accasions this code is present P1847 please check DTC memory of abs (18255)

this was scanned on my vag tool maxi scan

after leaving the car for a few mins and continuiously cranking it did fire up on both accasions, but lost a bit of faith in it now as my wife and 13 week baby go out in it a lot on there own.

further to this i would like to ask if my car can be affected by the injector loom problem i have read about on this forum

my car: AUDI A3 2.0 TDI 140 BHP 2005 (first registered in july 2005)

thanks in adance

cheers
Adie

18255/P1847/006215 - Ross-Tech Wiki for some more info

I cant see an ABS fault from stopping the car from starting, are there any warning lights on when you do get car running?

thanks for the reply khufu

i also could not see this being a problem for a none starter.

its was just present when i read all the codes,

thinking about it a bit more i also had a rhr abs sensor fault which i cancelled before the none start, i will have to change that sensor and see if the dtc code comes back. when i turn the ignition on an doff the abs light and the esp ligth go back out as normal, only when i go over 45 mph do the lights come back on and the fault rhr abs sensor reappears, i have been erasing the the codes or just turning the ignition off and back on again.

i am more worries about the none starter,

also had 4 faults to do with the heater plugs, as in they had all failed

i cancelled that fault also.

maybe this is the problem for the none starter,

i wonder why each heater plug had failed at the same time,

i mean the fault with th eheater plugs is not every time, its happen a few times but not stopped it starting the car

is this a common fault?

any more help would be helpfull

<a href="http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/18255/P1847/006215" target="_blank">18255/P1847/006215 - Ross-Tech Wiki</a> for some more info<br>
<br>
I cant see an ABS fault from stopping the car from starting, are there any warning lights on when you do get car running?
<br><br>thanks for the reply khufu<br><br>i also could not see this being a problem for a none starter.<br><br>its was just present when i read all the codes,<br><br>thinking about it a bit more i also had a rhr abs sensor fault which i cancelled before the none start, i will have to change that sensor and see if the dtc code comes back. when i turn the ignition on an doff the abs light and the esp ligth go back out as normal, only when i go over 45 mph do the lights come back on and the fault rhr abs sensor reappears, i have been erasing the the codes or just turning the ignition off and back on again.<br><br>i am more worries about the none starter,<br><br>also had 4 faults to do with the heater plugs, as in they had all failed<br><br>i cancelled that fault also.<br><br>maybe&nbsp; this is the problem for the none starter, <br><br>i wonder why each heater plug had failed at the same time, <br><br>i mean the fault with th eheater plugs is not every time, its happen a few times but not stopped it starting the car<br><br>is this a common fault?<br><br>any more help would be helpfull<br>