Please help! new Black edition arrived, might have to reject!!

gcpeters

Reaction score
Hello

i am currentley having a total nightmare with audi, the new black edition has arrived but it has no type of lumbar support at all. I was informed (but cant prove this) that it was to come with some kind of manaul version, so did not order the electric option.

now the car is here and there is nothing to adjust, and my back is litterraly killing me, seriously pain full so much so i am going to see the pyhsio!

as you can imagine i have had a LOT of conversations with audi about this and trying to get it retro fitted due to being mis sold etc, and this in turn is becoming a total nightmare.

they are basically saying that they cant retro fit as the power supply for the lumbar comes from a comfort pack ECU, and that my ECU is different. What i want to know is a) is this true? b) can they just replace it with the correct comfort pack ECU and then wire it in

my argument is that surely they can just take a 12v live direct from the fuse box to wire them in, as i imagine this how it is?

anyone who has any access to any software or manuals that shows how it is connected that can help please let me know!

i currently have a BE that i cant drive, after wating 6 months ! :( stressed is not the word..

GP

Last edited:
Not sure what to suggest really. I cant see Audi doing alot if you have no prove fella.
Maybe buy two front seats which have the lumbar support in off ebay and ask some one on here to fit and program it with vagcom or ask Nigel (NHN)

Hi

I originally tried to buy an S3 secondhand with the electric lumbar support, but ended up buying new to get the spec I wanted. Its appalling lumbar support isn't standard on an S edition. You can buy lumbar pads attached by velcro, etc. not as good but might save your back. Complete new seats are likely to be very expensive.

Regards Gray

hey guys, thanks for the comments :)

with regards for signing for the car without it having the lumbar support the problem is that i never ordered the electric lumbar support, i was just told over the phone by a "rep" that it had manual support, who i of course never had there name etc!! so i asumed it would have it!

when the car came it didnt have manual adjustment ( i never spotted this at first i have to admit) they simply said non of them did!!

i have thought about going the ebay route but cant seem to find any secondhand with lumbar :(

the main issue is that audi are saying that they cant retro fit the electric option because of the wiring, but i think otherwise all it takes is a simple 12v and a 10amp fuse!

i just want to see how its supposed to be connected to this "comfort ecu" and then i can argue that they can source a replacement one, and then recode with vagcom

nightmare stuff, specially on a brand new car

thanks for the help/ advice

GP

As said, without any proof then I think you'll struggle.
If you'd ordered it and it was missing, then you could get somewhere, but the thing with car dealers is a lot of them agree to things you ask to get the sale.
If you reject the car, and taking serious proceedings in doing so, they may look at other options to help you. But as nothing was in writing, it's a hard one to cover. Maybe speak to Audi customer services or Citizens advice?

Hi

It might be worth speaking to a trimmer to add some extra support into the seat, I've done this a a few cars in the past. Just need to be careful of the airbag.

Gray

sorry to hear this but a lesson for everyone. most of these guys get commission for every sale and they will say anything to get your signature on the paperwork. sad but its the life of a salesman

TBH audi need to put a stop to this nonsense and fast. A car salesman just has to know the spec of the cars he sells. that's his job, his purpose in life, Not to be rude or smart/clever, not to look down on you or give you unreliable information. i have no doubt this idiot who thinks he sells cars with std lumber support also thinks they have heated steering wheels. some of these fools need to be taken out of their chrome and glass palaces with never ending supply's of Coffee and stuck in an old shed in the snow on a used car lot for 6 months to learn the job. then they should be trained to respect the customer and do their level best to make sure he gets exactly what he wants as he spends a whole year of a salesman salary in 10 minutes. Its bad enough that a £30k car comes with no std lumber support or proper interior lights and a 10 year old design radio with no DAB without them inventing spec to sell cars.

Some of you might gather i have no time for what Audi laughingly call "customer service" :lmfao:

Reactions: Harrelson
Paddy is spot on, it is bl**dy laughable most of the time!

When you read this thread back to yourself and realise that you have actually had to consider ebay and retrimming etc on a brand new Audi its just absurd to say the least.

I am not defending Audi on this one, but surely if your spending £25k on a new factory ordered car then you do your homework to check that things that are important come as standard or are optional and then spec accordingly?!

I am not defending Audi on this one, but surely if your spending £25k on a new factory ordered car then you do your homework to check that things that are important come as standard or are optional and then spec accordingly?!

but sometimes you have a terrible car and then one of your friends tell you one day in the pub "get rid of that piece of junk, its costing you gold in repairs, go to audi and do what i did. them audis are quality mate. trust me you wont regret it"

you do some research and realize audi is a bit upmarket compared to the other street hookers. just what you want

finally walk in to their multi million dollar dealership to place an order and in return you get ****** in the *** (without lube)

Last edited:

I agree you should always check what you are ordering especially on something that costs 26k+ and then check it over thoroughly upon collection - my stealer got fed up with me taking too long to ensure everything was what I ordered and was working correctly.

First and foremost you have to go to Audi Customer Services and follow this up in writing to register your complaint.

How long have you had the car? Did you buy it from an Audi Main Dealer or an Agent?

I agree mate but it sort of makes the salesman redundant then. His job is to advise and explain and give you all the relevant info needed to allow you to order what you want with peace of mind. I know thats not going to work too well with a choice of baked beans in Tesco and a kid who probably dosnt know what a baked bean is but we are talking professional career salesmen here in a quality brand market who just have to know the product they are selling. Is that too much to ask ??

Well all I can say is hindsight is a wonderful thing!

I agree with everyone that I should have checked the spec with a fine tooth comb, but when you’re told something by a prestige car company rep you expect them to know there stuff! Anyhow, lesson learned!! The other thing is the spec i ordered is correct and all the options i ordered was there, its the fact that i was told something would come on the car, but it didnt. and its near impossible for me to prove this :(

Secondly who would even imagine that a 25k+ car doesn’t come with lumbar support!!

so to update everyone it came direct from a proper dealer, i have had it a whole week and 3 days! who I visted yesterday and to be fair they did try to be helpful, but basically the long story short is that they can’t retro fit because of all the TUVs, the software on the comfort ecu wouldn’t match, and they weren’t prepared to just "wire it in" as that would invalidate the warranty, blah blah blah. Interestingly I suggested they should get the correct ECU and then recode it, but apparently when you bring it in for service and it gets an update this then gets changed as the computer checks the chassis for the car spec, and then apply the update that "should" match. So in theory even if it did all get fitted an update could stop it working (I’m not 100% sold on this to be honest)

so.. Moving forward looks like I’m in it for the long haul. Letters are being drafted but going on peoples success rate from here it’s a wait and see

I am investigating a few other options as well, like buying the parts and retro fitting myself, luckily I’m handy with the spanners and then getting the bills reimbursed

and if all else fails ill get a set of recaros and take great pleasure in removing the front seats!!

If you can remember when you made the phone call, check your phone bill then ask Audi for a list of people at work that day to identify eho you spoke to ( plus backing up your claim that you made the call )

That will show them your serious , if you have only gad the car less than a month you should have the right to return the car to them without question?

How sad is it that things like this are not standard in an audi,
I think they need to get a grip and include considerably more into there cars as standard !

ive been trying to get in contact with NHN but im not sure PM is working?

can anyone help point him towards this thread?

ive tried PM but nothing ever appears in sent!

thanks

GP

There is a 'tick box' that has to be checked if you wish the message to be included in your sent items :thumbsup:

Wacking a pair of buckets in has been the best suggestion yet..

Sorry for delay in replies, been trying to sort some technical issues IT wise, yes I reckon I could fit electric lumbar, as for the comfort cu, thats a new one :)

PM me your vin no. & we can look at costs etc.

Sounds like it would be easier to get your back fixed than the car.
My neighbour didn't buy my old A3 because it didn't have adjustable lumber(but his mondeo ghia did)
If you need it so desperately I'd have gone down the electric route from the start surely??

Thanks everyone for the suggestions :) the back is indeed getting fixed (just for the record never had any issue before a3 arrived)

NHN a PM is on the way :)

GP