Own Warranty on A3 Quattro

Craigy1D

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking at an A3 2.0 170 58 Quattro with 80K on the clock.

The garage don't offer a warranty so I'm looking at obtaining my own warranty from Warranty Direct or Warranty Wise, given the cost of the Quattro system, Turbo, etc.

Anyone got any experience of either company? Warranty Wise cover against premature wear and tear, but if the Quattro system packs up I guess they could argue at 80K that it's normal, rather than premature, wear and tear.

Cheers,
Craig

I just took a twelve month policy out with WMS for £220
You can get your local garage to do the repairs.They all come with the wear and tear crap
it depends how well you know your local garage ,As they have to talk to the warrantee company ;)

So at 2.5 years old / 80K miles would failure of the Quattro system or Turbo (two of the more expensive systems) be considered as premature or normal wear and tear?

If it was more like 60K then I'd feel more confident, but the closer to 100K it gets, the bigger fight I'll have on my hands.

Interestingly Warranty Direct with their SecureCare policy look like they don't differentiate between premature wear and tear and wear and tear and will cover it regardless (after the first 90 days of the policy).

The way they do this is by having a sliding scale, so between 80 - 90K miles they'll cover 70% of the parts.

Whatever you do, i would steer well clear of GO CAR WARRANTY, i took a policy out with them just over a month ago and i came to claim for a faulty EGR valve, this wasn't covered on their 'parts list', which was apparently sent out to me and discussed in great detail when i took the policy out. Obviously rang up and went of my tits and got my £312 back i'd paid for the year.

I have gone back to warranty direct who i have used plenty of times before, this cost me £320 for 13 months cover, they gave me a price of £468 to start with a discounted it down to £345 and managed to get a further £25 reduction and an extra months free. This was for their 'Secure Care' cover which covers where and tear with a mileage cap of 24000 per year.

Just to put some peoples minds at rest regarding Warranty Direct, last year on my previous motor they paid around £2500 in repairs on a policy which costed me £330.

Whatever you do, i would steer well clear of GO CAR WARRANTY, i took a policy out with them just over a month ago and i came to claim for a faulty EGR valve, this wasn't covered on their 'parts list', which was apparently sent out to me and discussed in great detail when i took the policy out. Obviously rang up and went of my tits and got my £312 back i'd paid for the year.

I have gone back to warranty direct who i have used plenty of times before, this cost me £320 for 13 months cover, they gave me a price of £468 to start with a discounted it down to £345 and managed to get a further £25 reduction and an extra months free. This was for their 'Secure Care' cover which covers where and tear with a mileage cap of 24000 per year.

Just to put some peoples minds at rest regarding Warranty Direct, last year on my previous motor they paid around £2500 in repairs on a policy which costed me £330.

Oops! just gone with them! had them confirm in writing they covered turbo and DSG box which are my main concerns but what you said is worrying

Oops! just gone with them! had them confirm in writing they covered turbo and DSG box which are my main concerns but what you said is worrying

From my experience i wouldn't get a warranty to cover a shopping trolley through them mate. Just my opinion though.