Milltek Customer Service !

Spin140

Reaction score
All too often the posts that we all read on the various internet forums are of a negative nature with the contented remaining the 'silent majority' so I have decided to post some positive comments and applaud excellent customer service.

I have used the services of Milltek on numerous occasions over the last 7 years since ownership of my first VAG which was a Golf GTi 150PD.

Not all of the ownership experiences have been 100% event free but any minor issues that have arose have been dealt with both quickly and very professionally and always to my extremely high standards.

Milltek have always demonstrated real interest in the customers requirement and my own personal experience they are always keen to improve on current offerings where possible.

With my latest car - a GTi mark 6, I have followed my usual pattern and set about modifying it with a view to improving both performance and aesthetics to suit my taste, the latter being a real test as we only have the comments and reviews posted by other members to help influence our decision.

I read with great interest the posting/review by SteveP on the GTi forum and based my decision on past experiences with my S3's and beloved TTS .......

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,16601.0.html

As a mature 40 something owner this system seemed to tick all the boxes as I although I attend @ 6 track days per year I need my car to be useable and refined for everyday use, I contacted the Guys at Milltek and ordered the Cat back system initially until I had all the hardware in place for a stage 2 tune.

Steve's review is very accurate and the quality and fit is first class but it does point out that we are all individuals, I found the Race Resonated cat back emitted a little too much low frequency drone for my liking so gave the system a couple of weeks trial then contacted Milltek to share my opinion.

Milltek invited me along to their Ilkeston site with a view to working with them to find a solution which was to involve fitting various other tail pipe sections both resonated and surprisingly non resonated.

The technical Guy explained to me how frequency can be just as important as overall DB.

The first trial I am currently undertaking involved the fitting of the Race 3" Non-resonated system and this has been fitted since Friday am.

Amazingly the small droning I was experiencing at around 3,000 rpm in top upon acceleration has now gone which was a massive surpise as I expected it to have the reverse effect, resonated to my POV as always meant the quieter option ?!

The car is indeed a little louder outside of the car but the sound remains outside the vehicle making cruising far more pleasureable, I am running with this set up for a trial period to see how I get on with it taking into consideration any differences my long term aim of going with an upgraded DP and sports cat will also make.

The current set up sounds amazing on full chat with a real fruity tone in the upper rev ranges so to some this would be their perfect solution driving style dependant.

Milltek have gone the extra mile to try a and get a solution to what is not a problem but a customer preference, this is a rare experience and UK tuners should take note.

I'll let you all know how I get on but thought it was well worth a thumbs up to all of you VAG owners :)

I had that drone on the 3.2 with Remus and strangely it only occurred after a thrash in fact if you drove it all day normally it was reasonably quiet but give it a burst down the duel carriage way even for just a mile and it would become a hell of a lot louder for the rest of the day. V6 Pete had the same set up and his was perfect in fact he dumped his Milltek because of the drone..and went to Remus and it cured his car......I think i really varies from car to car.
I made a decision a while back to stick with stock exhausts next time but i do like that news sport twin, twin tail set up for the S3 :)

glad youve had a good experience with them, unfortunately the 2 times ive delt with them they have been far from good, both times has resulted in me wasting time, and money in extra journeys, that thankfully my tuner reimbursed me out of his own pocket, to me, thats real customer service, and not the way they spoke to my tuner, which i happened to hear!

on a positive note, not a bad product, with a good sounds and performance gains, but they wont be getting my hard earned in future

That doesn't sound like the people I have met to date but I guess that was one of the points of my post whereby good service is rarely applauded whereas negative things tend to be mentioned more often, having said that I tend to purchase and organise fitment by speaking directly to Milltek HQ, if you have any concerns about customer service it would be well worth speaking to either Phil Millington the owner or Charlie Orpen, both are very approachable and keen to help, contactable on the Derby HQ number.

In the meantime I think I'm developing a fetish for exhaust tips, can't seem to stop polishing them :)

I've only dealt with Milltek on one occasion (yesterday), and I'm really impressed with their customer service.

I bought a 2nd hand cat back system, which was missing the reducer adapter to fit onto the oem cat. I rang around a few dealers, who couldn't help. I phoned Milltek direct and they sent one out to me for £5 plus postage, which I recieved this morning!

Very happy.

I am also very impressed with Milltek's product and customer service. After three years and 60,000 miles the car developed a rattle from underneath. It turned out that a weld on a bracket which held the exhaust had failed. One quick phone call and a replacement part was sent to the installer of my choice. Supplied and fitted free.

Very happy and would fit their exhausts again.