Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Interior LED Package installed (PIC HEAVY!)

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel

Interior LED Package installed (PIC HEAVY!)

Hi Guys,

I have been wanting to do the LED interior lights upgrade to my A3 for a while now but didn't want to be messing around with resistors. I looked on the net for places where i can get all the bulbs needed but couldn't find any companies that offer a fully complete package. Luckily a fellow (new) member here on the Forum (t8ups) sent me a PM about a new type of LED resistor free can-bus compatible pack to replace all the lights in the car so we got talking and got a good idea of what i can get.

Now as I have the OEM lighting pack in my car I wanted to replace all the bulbs...
    Dome lights
    map reading lights (front and rear)
    sun visor lights
    glove box
    boot light
    4 puddle lights (4 doors)
    footwell lights (front and rear)
    Number plate lights

As I wanted some lights brighter than others (don't want to get blinded by the sun visor bulbs) T8ups offered me different powered bulb so we exchanged pics and ideas and I managed to get these all in for a cracking deal! Paid for them on Thursday evening and they turned up yesterday (Monday) (excuse the iPhone pics)

got out the lights to find 2 lamp holders with a label for Boot light and Glove box light so i fitted these first:

Glove Box:

then I moved onto the dome lights and map lights - Front:

Rear:

Sun Visors:

Number plate:

A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Now here is where the tricky part comes in... these bulbs as i said where a new style...
    a panel style bulb that fits snug into the holder and then connects to the car with a bulb looking part...

Now as I was changing over the footwell lights and puddle lights it took a while to wire them up so I didn't really get many pics of this. Also for anyone who wants to change their puddle lights... beware of short loom connecting to the actual holder! its a right B*tch trying to get the connector out so that you can re-fit it... took me a good 5 minutes of pulling and persuading the wire with my fingers to get it out enough to connect the holder back on. Fitting the bulbs into the holder can be a bit frustrating but with some patience and alot of swearing I finally managed to do it.

The panel needs to fit on the plastic part so the silver contacts need to be moved out the way first and then refitted:

finally fitted finish product (yes i know the car is dirty):

I have no errors on the dash and all lights are on bright with no flickers. i will report back if i have any issues as these are new style bulbs and as we saw with the LED DRLs they might play up on different cars.... that being said Trups has said that he has had these fitted to several cars now (S3, RS4) and no errors or flickers have occured.

A Big Thanks to Trups who has supplied me with these! loving them mate... very much recommend him and E.M. tuning!
    MrWhItEwOlF likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Call me Dan :)

Status
    No errors with the number plate bulbs? How much was the whole package if you don't mind me asking?
    motormouth11 likes this.
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

No errors whatsoever mate! all working perfectly fine!
    as for the price i got a special deal with Trups as i am helping him out with other things... better you see what he can offer you
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

4th Gear

Status
    I've literally just bought a whole set off him today hoping the arrive on Thursday will hopefully make a difference to the whole interior look!!!!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

Y.N.W.A.

Status
    nice one ash...dome lights look a bit too bright in the pics. puddle lights look really good though.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

I need to sit in the car a bit longer with the lights on to see if it is actually too bright, but from first impressions last night it looked just right
    yeah im impressed with the puddle lights, just makes that much more difference!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

5th Gear

Status
    i can always supply a bulb for you to make the dome less bright if you want?

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks for this post Ash, the lights look awesome, enjoy them.

5th Gear

Status
    i can give you a price on here if you like?

i need to know if you have the optional light pack or not?

Enthusiast

Status
    Ash, how do you remove the front and rear dome lights?
    Never done it before and ordered the whole set after seing your pics. It looks brilliant and can't wait to fit those leds myself.
    VCDS USER

Neutral

Status
    Hi t8ups
    I'm after some for my 55plate TDI, Please can you give me a price for LED's posted to Oxford for;
    Boot
    Golvebox
    rear passenger (Map?) lights
    Front Sunvisor lights

Cheers
    Pat
    P.S. Sorry if this should of been a PM!

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by SAiLO View Post
    Ash, how do you remove the front and rear dome lights?
    Never done it before and ordered the whole set after seing your pics. It looks brilliant and can't wait to fit those leds myself.
    It's really easy, just use a flat head screwdriver and pry open the cover on the front done lights, then just twist the bulb and pull it out. Replace it with the led one. Mine was a little hard to put back in but I found if I pushed the bulb in hard first and then twisted it in it sat right. As for the rear just use a screwdriver to pry out the whole unit and then replace the bulbs from there.
    Last edited by Ash187; 16th August 2011 at 21:56.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slade777 View Post
    I've literally just bought a whole set off him today hoping the arrive on Thursday will hopefully make a difference to the whole interior look!!!!
    Slade can you let me know how you get on with this as I too am thinking of ordering but want to be sure I get no errors/flckers etc... Ta .
    A3 Black Edition - 3dr, 2.0ltr TDi 170, Phantom Black, DRL's, FBMFSW, BOSE, Symphony, Interor Light Pack, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensors, GSM Phone Prep, Flat Tyre Warning and Alu Inlays

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

I have had no errors or flickers from any of the lights installed.
    Was at Farhans house yesterday and he was saying how good they looked... though i did get the odd 'Wow they are bright' comment but Trups can make these bulbs more/less brighter for you when you order as he just changes the amount of SMDs used in the bulb.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Banana Menace!

Status
    Cracking write up, Ash! Those look amazing, well done. x
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    Cracking write up, Ash! Those look amazing, well done. x
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

5th Gear

Status
    these looked epic, a very good buy for sure!

The interior domes are nice and bright, normally white leds in the interior dull things a bit. You dont get enough light output but these little bulbs are BRIGHT! very nice addition!
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

1st Gear

Status
    Ordered sidelights, glovebox, boot, interior and LED DRL's (bi-xenon headlamps) from EMTuning / T8UPS

Hopefully i'll have them fitted and post up some pics overs the weeknd
    2006 Audi A3 (8P)
    Spec - 2.0 TDI l DSG l Sprint Blue l Leather Interior l 18" RS6's | H&Rs | S3 Front | 6k Bi-Xenons | EMTuning DPF Delete Package
    Plans - BBS

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Farhan View Post
    these looked epic, a very good buy for sure!

The interior domes are nice and bright, normally white leds in the interior dull things a bit. You dont get enough light output but these little bulbs are BRIGHT! very nice addition!
    when are you placing your order

I know i keep making you spend money... but you know you need these in your life! especially after your footwells are now installed
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3_SSS View Post
    Slade can you let me know how you get on with this as I too am thinking of ordering but want to be sure I get no errors/flckers etc... Ta .
    Will be fitting hopefully tomorrow they are at the post office awaiting my collection will report back!!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

Neutral

Status
    Nice write up 'itwasntme187'

Got interior and number plate lights waiting at the post office.
    Will fit them tomorrow then pics.....

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    I'm intrested in this. What sort of price are we talking for a kit?
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Neutral

Status
    Thanks T8UPS
    Mine turned up today, fitted with no probs, and look great!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    I'm intrested in this. What sort of price are we talking for a kit?
    Can you PM me what bulbs you have?

do you have the light pack? or are they standard on the S3?

Thanks
    Trups

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pat_986 View Post
    Thanks T8UPS
    Mine turned up today, fitted with no probs, and look great!
    Thanks Pat.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by v1raj View Post
    Ordered sidelights, glovebox, boot, interior and LED DRL's (bi-xenon headlamps) from EMTuning / T8UPS

Hopefully i'll have them fitted and post up some pics overs the weeknd
    You should have yours today in the post.

Thanks

5th Gear

Status
    Also can anyone help me,

a forum member called Abb has paid for a interior kit but i have no address for him, his paypal never had anything on their either, i have sent him an email and two PM's but no replay yet, if anyone know's him can you give him a quick nudge to get in contact so i can post out his kit.

Thanks

5th Gear

Status
    Also you will not have any issues with flickering, the panels that i have supplied where designed myself to fit, i have had canbus chips put into these, the factory said to me when i sent them the sample that they have never made a canbus type panel before and kept asking if i wanted a non canbus type and i refused to have it,

i have tried normal canbus LED smd 501 bulbs in the boot and they never ever powered up, the 8smd panel went in and fired up the first time without issue's.

all roof light bulbs that i supply are canbus also, if they wasnt they stay slightly lit when they are ment to be off, i.e when you are driving along with the doors shut they stay lit slightly, they look cool lit but they are not ment to be.

Any other questions about the bulbs then just ask and i will reply to you.

Thanks. Trups

Enthusiast

Status
    Can't wait to fit mine now. Arrived next day after being ordered. Thanks Trups!
    VCDS USER

1st Gear

Status
    Got my number plate bulbs today and just installed them and they look great! Also, the best thing is, no bulb out errors and i know my car is sensitive as i ordered the sidlight bulbs from the other group buy from another member and they did not work on my car.

Excellent product and excellent service! I shall be ordering more soon i am sure!

A3 2.0TQ

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quick update guys, so today I was showing the light off to the gf and she was amazed at how bright the lights are... I opened the door again to see the foot well lights and shut the door again so the lights went out, but when I put the ignition on to the electrics position (have to wait for coil light to go off in the diesel)she noticed that the foot well lights started flashing about 5 times. it looks like a disco strobe light which is actually kind of cool but im wondering if that would damage the bulbs at all? I know it happens as the car is doing a cold diagnostic check on the lights. I will try and get a short video of it tomorrow night if I can.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

5th Gear

Status
    i never noticed that the car did an inside check, i know the side lights do them.

the bulbs will not be damaged by this check.

im gonna try have a look tonight at this.

Cheers

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SAiLO View Post
    Can't wait to fit mine now. Arrived next day after being ordered. Thanks Trups!
    Let me know hoe you get on,

just to let people know, when fitting the boot lamp both metal holders need to be taken out to put the bulb in as it has 8 LED's there is no room for movement as when i designed it i made it so its a snug fit.

on the 4 LED bulb only one side needs to be taken out, but you can take both out if its easier.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex2.0T View Post
    Got my number plate bulbs today and just installed them and they look great! Also, the best thing is, no bulb out errors and i know my car is sensitive as i ordered the sidlight bulbs from the other group buy from another member and they did not work on my car.

Excellent product and excellent service! I shall be ordering more soon i am sure!
    Glad you are happy Alex, royal mail seem to be quick this month so im glad you are all getting orders quickly.

1st Gear

Status
    Just put my order for the full interior and rear plate no. Cant wait!!

Trups, I know I said this in the pm, but hopefully you might be able to crack the DRL LED issue with canbus bulbs and no resistors. Why is every other light easy except those?

5th Gear

Status
    going to work on a car later to try and see what sort of resistance works to stop the error on a DRL led, once i know this i can speak to the facotry and get them to build that resistance into the bulb so in theory it will be a bulb that you plug in an go.

i wont be selling any untill i have a bulb that works without the errors.
    Last edited by t8ups; 20th August 2011 at 10:50.
    Shez likes this.

Enthusiast

Status
    Got most of the LEDs fitted today, need to get behind glovebox to change the light in there, the casing seems to be stuck and can't pull it out.
    Interior & boot look great now!
    VCDS USER

2nd Gear

Status
    Trups you product are top notch ! cheers for your help

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

here is a quick video of how the LEDs look in the car and the 'disco' flash when you start the car:

My Audi :: a3ee6494.mp4 video by itwasntme187 - Photobucket
    Last edited by Ash187; 21st August 2011 at 22:02.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast