JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Interior LED Package installed (PIC HEAVY!)

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ups View Post
    Let me know hoe you get on,

just to let people know, when fitting the boot lamp both metal holders need to be taken out to put the bulb in as it has 8 LED's there is no room for movement as when i designed it i made it so its a snug fit.

on the 4 LED bulb only one side needs to be taken out, but you can take both out if its easier.

Is there a certain way to get the metal clips out I've tried but don't want to use to much force and break them!?!?

I've fitted the interior dome lights which look amazing really transforms the interior. Just the glovebox and boot to go.

Help please
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    put the screw driver under the clip and push up so it starts to come out, the use your fingers to have a play with the metal as when it will be loose once you put the screwdriver in and it will just pull out as it loosens, i will try get a video up, i will get hold of a camera to do this so will have it up this week.

also they take a lot to break as the plastic is tuff, the Audi ones are easy peasy, have a go at doing a golf mk5 one, they feel like they have been stuck in with superglue.

5th Gear

Status
    I did this conversion to an RS4 last week,

this is the boot of the car

this uses the my 8smd led panel bulb and is bright, im not sure if anyone has tried a normal led bulb in the boot of an A3 but i could never get them to work, i put this panel in and they work 1st time.

and the interior

Thanks.
    Trups

4th Gear

Status
    Fitted mine today

And from the outside

Excellent service from t8ups; had them day after i ordered

The panels for the puddle, footwell and boot lights were fairly straight forward; worked out that by bending the lower metal pieces you could slide the unit straight in

Well pleased with the overall result!
    Now a happy owner of an A3 Sportback S Line 170 TDI
    My Posh Golf

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Just fitted mine too Look good. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic! Thanks to t8ups, top service!

Last edited by Silky-S3; 23rd August 2011 at 21:54.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    PS - Its pitch black outside thats how bright they are!
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Looks really good.
    PM sent to the LED man.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Hi guys.

What I am doing wrong here, doing the boot one (still got boot, glove, and doors to do). See below:

Have I wired it up right, how does it now connect to the connector in the boot? The white round plug end does not fit into the connector in the boot?

Help!

Build Thread Here!

4th Gear

Status
    THe white round connector sits inside the holder; don't have a pic but it sits where the end of the old bulb sits if that makes sense

So pull the wire back through! It all sits inside the holder; just make sure the contacts sit properly in the holder and also its the right way round
    My Posh Golf

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyso View Post
    THe white round connector sits inside the holder; don't have a pic but it sits where the end of the old bulb sits if that makes sense

So pull the wire back through! It all sits inside the holder; just make sure the contacts sit properly in the holder and also its the right way round
    Like this?

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

4th Gear

Status
    Yes!

And here's my pic lol

My Posh Golf

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyso View Post

Got you! Me being a idiot again! Thanks!

Build Thread Here!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Got you! Me being a idiot again! Thanks!
    Don't worry; it took me a few minutes to work it out too haha; luckily a few people had taken some pics earlier in the thread!!
    My Posh Golf

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    All in now, looking sweet, no errors!

Build Thread Here!

4th Gear

Status
    I can't even get the bloody metal bracket out to put the led underneath
    Current:

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    All in now, looking sweet, no errors!
    I have had no errors with my ones in the sunvisor and dome lights but when I did plug into VCDS it flagged up
    Current:

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Just done a VCDS scan and no fault codes at all

Get a screwdriver under the progs at the front and push them upwards, then just wiggle it out...

Build Thread Here!

5th Gear

Status
    these are looking great folks. i am glad to help you out.

slade, whats flaged up in vcds?

4th Gear

Status
    Can you pm me a price for a kit. I have an s3 don't have puddle lights or footwell though. But would like some drl for front. Thanks
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

4th Gear

Status
    these are looking great folks. i am glad to help you out.

slade, whats flaged up in vcds?
    I'll print screen it later and PM you. Hasn't put a fault on DIS and the all work fine so not too worried. May try clear the fault then re scan see what happens
    Current:

Neutral

Status
    Chaps how bright are these? Don't want anything too OTT.
    Any joy with the error codes? Never doen anything like this b4 and no access the VAG-COM so being very paranoid.
    A3 Black Edition - 3dr, 2.0ltr TDi 170, Phantom Black, DRL's, FBMFSW, BOSE, Symphony, Interor Light Pack, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensors, GSM Phone Prep, Flat Tyre Warning and Alu Inlays

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    the only error i got was when i had the footwell light removed and i switched the engine on. obviously the car will see a missing bulb as i had the bulb holder with me. once i cleared that error no other errors have flagged up...
    been over a week and still all looking good!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3_SSS View Post
    Chaps how bright are these? Don't want anything too OTT.
    Any joy with the error codes? Never doen anything like this b4 and no access the VAG-COM so being very paranoid.
    i can provide differant bulb brightness's for the dome lights like i have done for rhyso.

gone, you know you want to..

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    the only error i got was when i had the footwell light removed and i switched the engine on. obviously the car will see a missing bulb as i had the bulb holder with me. once i cleared that error no other errors have flagged up...
    been over a week and still all looking good!
    They all going well Ash? dark early nights are coming so you will be able to enjoy them more.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 MRU View Post
    Can you pm me a price for a kit. I have an s3 don't have puddle lights or footwell though. But would like some drl for front. Thanks
    PM'd

4th Gear

Status
    i can provide differant bulb brightness's for the dome lights like i have done for rhyso.

gone, you know you want to..
    And very nice they are too

No fault codes in my 57 SB
    My Posh Golf

5th Gear

Status
    Im Gonna be at Edition 38 if you look out for my stall, can also fit the bulbs in the puddle/footwell/glove and boot if you bring them to me when buying the bulbs.

Thanks
    Trups

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

They all going well Ash? dark early nights are coming so you will be able to enjoy them more.
    yes all looking great!
    the missus is very impressed too
    t8ups likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale

4th Gear

Status
    Just to confirm I cleared the fault I had on vcds and all clear and looking good excellent after sales service from Trups as well
    t8ups likes this.
    Current:

5th Gear

Status
    yes all looking great!
    the missus is very impressed too
    As long as the boss is happy youll be fine

James

Status
    I got in touch with t8ups after seeing this thread and ordered LED's for the glovebox, boot, sun visors, and front & rear domes.

First of all, top bloke; very helpful. The lights arrived incredibly fast too (ordered them in the morning, he posted them that day and I received them the following day!)

The LED's have transformed the interior of the car. Gutted I don't have the interior light pack so I could take full advantage

The whole interior glows bright white, but not bright enough to be a distraction every time you open the door.

Glovebox...

Boot...

My boot is now like the briefcase scene in Pulp Fiction, my whole face glows when I open it at night! I'll never struggle to find anything in there again, I love it.

Highly recommended cheap and easy mod

Reverse Gear

Status
    Got my LEDs in the post this morning from Trups, first class service. Ordered Sunday night arrived Tuesday morning, and he was very helpful with his advice with regards to which bulbs. And using Ash's guide, I fitted them in no time. I'd recommend this mod to anyone, looks awesome!

1st Gear

Status
    These lights are amazing! I ordered mine from T8UPS and they arrived the next day, I ordered a full interior light set including two number plate LEDs for my dads Passat. I wanted stupid bright ones which they are but he can adjust them to what brightness you want. Highly recommended and no Canbus Errors what so ever (even though my Dads Passat is a b1tch for errors!) Thanks again T8 UPS
    Lava Grey A3 Hatchback S-line 170 Quattro, 18" Speedline Turini's, Bilstein B8 Shocks, 35mm H&R Springs, H&R ARB's, Small Remap, Darkside Development EGR Delete, K&N Panel, Full S3 Brakes, Yellow Stuff Pads, Drilled/Grooved Disc's, Bi-Xenons, DRL's, Full Leather, RNS-E/Changer/Bose, LED Interior Light Pack + Ambient Lighting, Rain And Light Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Auto Folding Mirrors, Black Grill/Badges, MY11 Rears, Lamin-x Fogs.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Trups sorted all the interior lights in my A5 and must say they look awesome !! thanks mate

Neutral

Status
    Hey Mate can you PM me price for interior set up and number plate lights

1st Gear

Status
    hi t8ups could you give me a price for the number plate leds please for my09 A3 sb

cheers
    My red sportback pics

WANTED - 10mm hubcentric wheel spacers

1st Gear

Status
    T8ups can u give me a price on some led number plate lights for my 55plate sb a3 many thanks

2nd Gear

Status
    Quick update guys, so today I was showing the light off to the gf and she was amazed at how bright the lights are... I opened the door again to see the foot well lights and shut the door again so the lights went out, but when I put the ignition on to the electrics position (have to wait for coil light to go off in the diesel)she noticed that the foot well lights started flashing about 5 times. it looks like a disco strobe light which is actually kind of cool but im wondering if that would damage the bulbs at all? I know it happens as the car is doing a cold diagnostic check on the lights. I will try and get a short video of it tomorrow night if I can.
    Anyone know if this issue has been resolved?

Thanks
    "If you ain't first, you're last!" - Ricky Bobby

2008 A3 S-line 2.0 TDI PD140 (Pre-facelift)

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

no it still does it but its normal apparently on the LEDs, it does it on my DRLs as well.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    It's just the ecu doing a canbus check! You'll notice your number plate lights will do it too if you replaced them.
    07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast