induction

dan_s3

Reaction score
right guys i really want an induction kit on my s3 now but i dont know which one its standard at the mo so need help asap also which remap do i go for to go with the induction kit cheers guys

haha this is a right kettle of fish dan!

all depends on how much you want to spend, and how much noise you want... if you want something with some noise behind it and good performance gains, then the evoms is the way forward, if you want something a bit more subtle then the ITG max is the way forward!

for mapping, id personally recommend Evolve, thats whos done the mapping on mine and the car is electric

have a look through my build thread, ive listed all my mods and hows its changed the car with how its changed the power levels

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/120319-paolos-build-thread-finally.html

As Paolo says,it is a bit of a lottery.I started with a Forge,and went to an ITG when I was having a set of mods done.The ITG is quiet,efficient,and good for well over 500bhp.

so is the forge one good??this is the twin take one correct??

so is the forge one good??this is the twin take one correct??
No...mine was the standard single Forge....the Twintake gives about 15-17bhp over a stock intake and to be honest the ITG does about the same,so there isn't anything to choose from that point of view,and personally I prefer one large intake over two doing a similar job.

Does anyone make a good quiet intake where you dont have to Roger your engine cover ?

I've just bought a dbilas as they are meant to be quiet (not open cone). Didn't fancy anything too noisy!

Maybe worth a look if noise is an issue?

Does anyone make a good quiet intake where you dont have to Roger your engine cover ?
In short.....no.All of the high flow aftermarket systems require either the cover to be removed completely,or to chop the left side back to accomadate the new induction pipe.Things like the Carbonio etc are not going to be adequate if you want to go beyond Stg1,