Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: MY A3

Neutral

Status

MY A3

finally got round to starting my progress/build thread for my audi. i had introduced myself in the newbie section a while back. ive had the A3 for just a few months now but done a few subtle mods along the way open to comments and opinions but as you all know everyone has their own way to modifying these days!

here's my first pic i got of it fully standard (apart from tints)

one of my first priorities was removing the badges off the rear and removing the wiper which is a must do to give it that cleaner look.
    i also purchased these -

a set of weitec coilovers which give me -55/60mm all round. they really do show the state of the standard suspension set up.

while these were been fitted i also took the opportunity to paint my calipers all round red and the front upper and lower grills black. i also tinted my side indicators and fitted some MY11 (2011) rear lights.
    this resulted in this -

i then wanted some new alloy wheels. i wanted some wide ass ones with dish. i got these 18's 8.5" fronts and 9.5" rears
    dropped the coilies down as low as theyll go and this is the result

and ive just tinted my fogs with lamin-x

more to come

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Totally transformed, looking good.

Get any rubbing? Lol

U need some gloss black B pillars.
    2006 A3 3.2 DSG
    Quattro S-Line
    Phantom black pearl
    V Maxx plus coilovers
    Speedlines- anthricite
    MY11 rear lights
    MK2 TT Vents
    Various LED's
    MK2 RNSE
    LaminX on fogs

For Sale Genuine Audi phone cradle (iPhone 4S/4)

3rd Gear

Status
    That looks beautiful mate, all you need now is some stainless steel exhaust tips. How did you go about painting the grill? I desperately need to do this.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Some nice mods, but I think you need better wheels.

6th Gear

Status
    Looks good Not a fan of the alloys but each to there own i suppose
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

events moderator

Status
    copy cat lol , looks good man not a fan of the rims tho but its your motor after all
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

6th Gear

Status
    You need my BBS

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingy. View Post
    You need my BBS
    no i neeeeeed your bbs but cant no money lol

6th Gear

Status
    Borrow !

events moderator

Status
    haha if only mate if only

Call me Dan :)

Status
    Look good that mate
    Are we talking about the BBs in Lingy's sig pic?
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Look good that mate
    im guessing so yeah mate

Call me Dan :)

Status
    I like
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

MPG the new BPH

Status
    some good mods started mate. whats next

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wez3570 View Post
    Totally transformed, looking good.

Get any rubbing? Lol

U need some gloss black B pillars.
    thanks mate, it rubs a little over bumps and round corners on the back with a car full but thats 9.5" wide wheels for you lol as for the gloss black pillars i agree with you id like to get the pillars/roof lining etc done!

Quote Originally Posted by Zo View Post
    That looks beautiful mate, all you need now is some stainless steel exhaust tips. How did you go about painting the grill? I desperately need to do this.
    thanks mate! im debating an exhaust but i like how it is at the moment, which tip do you think would suit it? as for the grills it was a simple job. bumper off, grills push out and then split the chrome strips from the grills for spraying. get it done

Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Some nice mods, but I think you need better wheels.
    cheers mate, nothing too major yet the alloys are a bit marmite i know but they will be sold for winter and then decide on some new ones for the start of show season next year...loving you're A3 sportback by the way. makes me want air sooo much haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post
    Looks good Not a fan of the alloys but each to there own i suppose
    thanks for the compliment matey ayeee as ive said above some people like them, some dont but theyll be off and sold for winter so i can move on to bigger and better things!

Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    copy cat lol , looks good man not a fan of the rims tho but its your motor after all
    lol how long you had your's buddy cos you have copied me i admit were running the same kinda theme but hey ho they're slightly different...you know jamie powley dont you? as above, there will be new shoes next year just dont know what....

Quote Originally Posted by Lingy. View Post
    You need my BBS
    photoshop please and we may have to discuss this if i like the result :D

Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Look good that mate
    thanking you! ayeee what you think? like ive said photoshop would be needed to see if they go...

Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    some good mods started mate. whats next
    ta mate just steady things to begin with, im really unsure. ive mentioned about new alloys beginning of next year but considering an S3 summer next year also which could mean i put this project on hold. whats you're opinion?

Neutral

Status
    here's a couple more shots ive got which shows the rear dish a little better.....hope you people like

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_PK View Post
    thanks mate! im debating an exhaust but i like how it is at the moment, which tip do you think would suit it? as for the grills it was a simple job. bumper off, grills push out and then split the chrome strips from the grills for spraying. get it done
    You can get oem exhaust tips from Audi and they look the business... theres a few threads on here with guys that have done it.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

cheers mate, nothing too major yet the alloys are a bit marmite i know but they will be sold for winter and then decide on some new ones for the start of show season next year...loving you're A3 sportback by the way. makes me want air sooo much haha
    Your going along the right lines, but when you get used to how things are done the "audi" way you'll soon realise your wheels need to come off

6th Gear

Status
    thanks for the compliment matey ayeee as ive said above some people like them, some dont but theyll be off and sold for winter so i can move on to bigger and better things!
    No problem fella. What wheels you getting for the winter?
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    You can see why i dont do external moding his wheels look fine to me , just needs to flare the arches a bit...but what do know
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zo View Post
    You can get oem exhaust tips from Audi and they look the business... theres a few threads on here with guys that have done it.
    Ok mate il take a look about, I like the s3 milltech tips though!

Your going along the right lines, but when you get used to how things are done the "audi" way you'll soon realise your wheels need to come off
    I'm just doing the exterior for the minute but debating taking it further or saving and getting an S3 next year I admit the wheels look a little more Barry then pimp but there only temporary ha

Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post
    No problem fella. What wheels you getting for the winter?
    I like you're facelift model, you got DRL's? Not sure I've got the standard ones but I don't want anything too flash for winter as they get fooked :| what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    You can see why i dont do external moding his wheels look fine to me , just needs to flare the arches a bit...but what do know
    lol there was me thinking the arches are wide enough the wheels are not something you always see therefore some say yay some say nay! P.s px with you're S3 please...

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Save for the S3, better base to start playing with.

Neutral

Status
    Save for the S3, better base to start playing with.
    i agree, there the top spec A3 arent they i could spend ££££ making mine look like an S3 but youd always get the haters who'd point out it isnt the real thing. its just the difference in price and fuel consumption which will set be back a little. in you're opinion whats the best looking S3..the pre 2009 or 2009 onwards?

events moderator

Status
    lol how long you had your's buddy cos you have copied me i admit were running the same kinda theme but hey ho they're slightly different...you know jamie powley dont you? as above, there will be new shoes next year just dont know what....
    hahaha good choice tho lol , ive had mine like this for about 3 and a half years now i think , yeah i know jamie matey on facebook mate , yeah im hoping to get some new rims soon too got a few other things on the way too so happy days

events moderator

Status
    i agree, there the top spec A3 arent they i could spend ££££ making mine look like an S3 but youd always get the haters who'd point out it isnt the real thing. its just the difference in price and fuel consumption which will set be back a little. in you're opinion whats the best looking S3..the pre 2009 or 2009 onwards?
    for me i prefer the what we call the 8p2 so the pre 2009 shape S3 i dont know why i just like the look of them

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    hahaha good choice tho lol , ive had mine like this for about 3 and a half years now i think , yeah i know jamie matey on facebook mate , yeah im hoping to get some new rims soon too got a few other things on the way too so happy days
    cheers lol i love it mate, it ticks 9/10 boxes for me oh really you clocked many miles in that time? yeh he said he knew you etc...what new rims you looking at? im debating changing alloys then putting it back to standard, selling it and getting an S3 next year but all depends on funds ha! i agree 8P2's are nice with the single grill and splitters :P although 8P3's have DRL's which are cool at times.