Metal Pressed Plates?

Ports

Reaction score
Hi all,
What are peoples thoughts on English Legal Metal Pressed Plates? Been looking for some for a few weeks and not really sure what to think. Wheres the best place to get them from?

any pics?

Cheers
Adam

I'm sure Paullie will be along shortly as she has a website that are cheap and more importantly, legal.Quick question, have you got hids to work on your car? How are they wired to stop the wiper motor blowing?

I used a company a few yrs ago called dubmeister which i dont think are around any more but would be interesting in seeign how much these legal plates are :)

I got mine from ebay... they're legal ones. Paid about £26 for them and they look the business. I can PM you a link if you want.

With teh plates from Ebay did you send off your V5 for them to make um? I do remember thats what I had to do with Dubmeister and then they sent it back along with the plates

Im a fan, i want some once ive got my private reg. Seen some on a VW Passat today, looked really well.

Na that was the only slightly sketchy part. They simply asked for the Reg number and whether or not I wanted the GB sign on my plates. However the plates have all the legal marking on them.

Just don't get the German looking ones although they look pretty cool, I had a set and they were a total pull over magnet.

RHYSO on here has them fitted to his Sportback... He posted some pics up in his "RHYSO's posh golf" thread...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/109070-rhysos-posh-golf.html

IMG_2392.jpg

dubmeister are still about, here are my dubmeister plates and plate holders

_PRZ7188.jpg

Dubmeister still around and their plates look brilliant! Only had to email them scans of the documents as well.

Ryan that ain't half bad, was that with Dubmeister? I thought you had to post originals to them?

Just be carefully as to which pressed plates your buying.
The pressed plates made when they cut out the yellow reflective top off are rubbish!!
The top layer eventually losses it's stickiness and peels off.

Make sure you buy the printed ones when the plates are pressed and then the black lettering is printed on the top of the pressed metal.

Dubmeister still around and their plates look brilliant! Only had to email them scans of the documents as well.

So they will accept scanned in copies will they? does everyone agree that dubmeister is the best place to go?

I love pressed plates and wont have anything else. I got mine from GTI Inters last year. Dubmeister are really good and they look good in the holders too.

Last edited:
Why not create a group buy? Dubs did one for Ibizaoc Forum, that's where I got my ones from.

Ryan that ain't half bad, was that with Dubmeister? I thought you had to post originals to them?

Hi Chappy,

Yeah that was Dubmeister and I had to send my original documents off.

That price was with the group buy on this forum. If you look in the Group Buy section you will see it there. You could always try restarting the thread if there is enough interest?

Cheers Ryan,

Well we seem to have a decent amount of interested here, so maybe we could start one from this?

Anyone know if you can get shortened pressed legal plates?
Dubmeister are good, I got my old ones for my polo

there does seem to be a good amount of interest, if someone wants to sort a group buy out then that would be ace! glad to see theres a few people that are into these :o.k:

What sticky pads do people recommend using to stick pressed plates onto the car. (Don't want to use a surround)

Theres some on Dubmeister but £6 is a bit steep for delivery.

What sticky pads do people recommend using to stick pressed plates onto the car. (Don't want to use a surround)

Theres some on Dubmeister but £6 is a bit steep for delivery.

I got these ones as a back up. Exactly the same as the ones dubmeister sell. Don't like surrounds either.

Reactions: mccrum
Dubmeister still selling them and the bonus was they were only £15 a pair at ED38 show a couple of weeks back too!
I neglected to get a pair for the new sport back but got a set for my range rover classic (91) and they look great!!

what are they like to take off ( change car will it bend them out of shape)

They can bend but you can re-shape them easily enough.

I had pressed plates years ago but got pulled by the 5-0 for them being "german."

Went back to a normal font but when at Edition 38 I decided to get another set from europl8 again

Welcome to Europl8

Look great IMO!