Dog guards and boot liners

Shane.

Reaction score
Plans are now settled to get boot put back to standard, I am looking at boot liners and dog guards as we will be getting a husky puppy towards the end of the year and wanna do my best to contain the hair and scratches. Not looking to spend masses as I have now decided on whats next and it's not an A3/S3, I have been looking at universal guards and the normal waterproof cloth liners (custom fit) just wondering what others use and if so recommendations please.

Thanks
Shane

Best way to stop dog hair getting everywhere is to use a dog box within the boot. Transk9, lintran and dogtransportboxes will make a box to whatever spec you need. I have box from dog transport boxes which takes up around 2/3 of the boot space but i can put 3 springer spaniels in it. I also fitted a foam boot liner for putting mucky shoes etc on.

I thought about a box but tbh a covers probably not a bad idea anyway as have started using the boot to transport all sorts at the moment. Was looking at the universal dog guards but they do look naf and seem to eat up a fair bit of boot space although they are much cheaper.

from past experience with other cars id say dont waste your money on universal dog guards as they dont fit properley and dont do their job.if the dog jumps up the guard will fall down (complete waste of money)

by the way im on the look out for a genuine audi a3 3dr dog guard if anyone is selling one,give me a pm

The Genuine Audi plastic/foam boot liner would not stand my Mrs's mini dachshund let alone a husky si i'd look at a thick rubber version! try towsure!
I'd ditto the buy genuine or a very good copy! as regards to the cage!!

I've just bought a sportback rubber boot liner for my 3 door, it's very snug but still fits the boot
Cost me £50 though :(

Best way to stop dog hair getting everywhere is to use a dog box within the boot. Transk9, lintran and dogtransportboxes will make a box to whatever spec you need. I have box from dog transport boxes which takes up around 2/3 of the boot space but i can put 3 springer spaniels in it. I also fitted a foam boot liner for putting mucky shoes etc on.

Ive got a Lintran in my sportsback A3, i can get 4 springers in, and the odd cocker on a shoot day.