Door modules J for facelift

Lewbo

Reaction score
As some may know I have recently just purchased 2010 s3 complete front end and Doing it this week, what I wanted to know is my car is currently fitted with J door modules so would this mean I can fit new wing mirrors and with a bit of coding via vagcom they will work or do I need to wire them in all help appreciated thanks

You might find you will need to change modules & the wiring as im sure your will be too old, the correct modules will only have come out when the facelift came out. Hopefully Nigel will be on as he has had personal experience with this.

just found this in a post from nhn and it says.

"Facelift door modules actually started as a J, I know this as I use them myself & to further add to this J was actually used on prefacelift cars in 08 as VRStu had them on his to my surprise, this happens when audi are due a facelift on a car they have some cars that are staggered across releases on same chassis with wiring, trims, etc as my car has wiring for the 1st facelift new fuel pump, but used an older pump, thats 1 example of which I had to change for the white cluster."

so you think that it will just be a simple recode and they will work. if in fact facelift door modules started as a J obviously they came with indicators in the mirrors so they must work??
thanks