Nigel Appreciation Society

quattro81

All the gear.. No idea
Reaction score
Well.. I was very happy with my 2011 A3.. But the interior always felt like it was missing something(s)...! I went for every extra option Audi offered.. Except for the tech pack.. I just felt it was too much money at the time. Now I've finally got around to sorting my moment of being a tightwad out, by treating myself to a 2011 led rns-e mk2!

So, after much googling, speaking to Audi, eBay, and many many recommendations from you guys on here, I got in touch with our own Nigel (NHN) to supply and fit the rns-e 2 for me.. And a couple of the illuminated Bose speaker grills..

I've gotta echo what so many others have already said on here: what a top bloke! Thoroughly nice guy, treated my car so well, fitted and supplied immaculate equipment! It's easy to become a member of the N.A.S (Nigel Appreciation Society):)
if you've being debating on getting him to do anything for you -do it! You won't be disappointed! Cheers Nigel!! :wub:
Anyway, here's couple of pics of the end result, excuse the iPhone camera..

c0a4dec4.jpg

7c402f7f.jpg

bc463b5b.jpg

e6f4f14c.jpg

01e39e59.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: N8, mccrum and paddy
sick ! i have never seen the iliminated bose grills before. thought the new audis where diffrent audio company?

Does look really good especially the Bose grills :)
Saving the pennies for the RNS now!

That looks incredible. NHN is a legend! :applaus:

Thanks! And yep he is the legend.. Couldn't agree more!!

sick ! i have never seen the iliminated bose grills before. thought the new audis where diffrent audio company?
Cheers mate, they're are aftermarket from carstyle4you.. And afaik some new audis use bang & olufsen.. But a lot still use Bose.. Both are great:wub:
Does look really good especially the Bose grills :)
Saving the pennies for the RNS now!
They look good don't they!? And get on it with the rns.. you won't be disappointed:thumbsup:

Looks really good mate. Glad the Bose grills worked out alright as well. Did you end up using the adapter things I sent or did Nigel have a better way?

Looks really good mate. Glad the Bose grills worked out alright as well. Did you end up using the adapter things I sent or did Nigel have a better way?
And a big thank you to you as well my friend!:kiss: I'm not sure about the adaptors in the end..? I'll ask Nigel once he's back about..

did you wire the Bose on permanent or with the lights ?
Off topic a bit but are the MY11 door cards wired for the lighting pack ? Looking through etka i can only find one door loom and that seems to be for everything ?

Everything looks really nice mate, Like the perforated FB wheel :)

did you wire the Bose on permanent or with the lights ?
Off topic a bit but are the MY11 door cards wired for the lighting pack ? Looking through etka i can only find one door loom and that seems to be for everything ?

Everything looks really nice mate, Like the perforated FB wheel :)
Thanks mate.. The grills are wired to come on with the lights (wired into the ambient lighting in the door handles I believe)

Reactions: paddy
Here's a couple more pics.. In an attempt to show the high res of the new 2011 rns-e mk2 for anyone that's interested......?

DSC01264.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01271.jpg

Excuse the slightly dusty screen! Doh:blush:

Just came a cross this thread. Looks lovely mate and another happy customer of Nigel's:thumbsup:
Glad your happy with the work:happy: