Down we go! ( pics )

Sock

Shark in a Goldfishes clothing
Reaction score
Finally managed to get my new coilovers fitted today, tried last week but couldn't get the strut out but for some reason today it came out with ease.

I chose to go with the Vmaxx coilovers and bought them through N8, and I am really pleased with them and it was a pleasure doing business with him. Definatly recommend for anyone looking.

First impressions are great, I have them on the lowest setting and so far have no issuess with bottoming out on anything ( except the kurb outside my house! ) so will let them settle and see how it goes.

I chose the set which is only hight adjustable as anything else would be over kill for me and the ride is spot on. Nice and firm yet even though you can feel a lot of the bumps on the road its not back breaking in any way and a good improvement on the standard set up, although I have never had coilovers before so can't really supply a detailed comparison it is definatly a superior mod compared to just fitting lowering springs. At 70mph it really comfortable and when you chuck it into the bends it has reduced body roll and feels really well planted and yet retains a smooth and controlled feel.

Will feed back over the next few days but really pleased and gets a big thumbs up from me :arco:

Thanks again to N8, top job mate

Now for a few pics,

Quick pic before:

6ee0dc47.jpg

7633be6f.jpg

Then after:

0f250e89.jpg

7fbf0d28.jpg

013fedb8.jpg

c22f3867.jpg

a4527cbd.jpg

68a1323a.jpg

3e39a854.jpg

All comments welcome?

Reactions: ern, quattro81, b19ctr and 3 others
Bit too low for my liking but as long as your happy, then fair play! :thumbsup:

Dam it, the 2nd pic is an after one, I was supposed to have put this one up and then I couldn't swap them because when it comes to computers I'm a gay!

Another before pic:

b091df3b.jpg

I'm torn at the minute as I like the way it sits flat to the road, but I am wondering if it would look better with the back a little higher so the wheels fill both arches equally if that makes sense?

you must panic when you see speed humps lol. I really need to lower mine - still sitting on sport springs lol

Looking mean, moody and LOW, Fella. Very very sweet. Coming round to the thought of N8's V-Maxx coilies more and more, especially hearing the ride comfort is better than standard on them. Cool pics Sock, good modding!! :wub: x

It goes straight over speed bumps without issue as long as you go one wheel on and one off rather than trying to aim for the middle ( and ripping your inside tyre wall apart! )

Defanetly an improvement on the ride

Looking mean, moody and LOW, Fella. Very very sweet. Coming round to the thought of N8's V-Maxx coilies more and more, especially hearing the ride comfort is better than standard on them. Cool pics Sock, good modding!! :wub: x

£414 (quick google) as oppposed to £200ish for h&r springs - look more interesting by the minute LOL.

still saving for this though:

2008 Audi R8 Coupe 4163 cc 4.2 quattro

nicely done dude how you finding the comfort for how low it is they get even better once they have settled too im still well impressed with the comfort of them now , drove up to northampton twice this summer for car shows (380 mile round trip) and no issues at all when it comes to long journeys

nope, still a bit of a pram stock sport springs & on its 18" mk 2 RS6's lol. Hope to finish off few mods soon & find a scenic place in Scotland & get some pics Ash :icon_thumright:

nicely done dude how you finding the comfort for how low it is they get even better once they have settled too im still well impressed with the comfort of them now , drove up to northampton twice this summer for car shows (380 mile round trip) and no issues at all when it comes to long journeys

It's sound mate, takes all the bumps in it's stride and doesn't feel like it's going to tear your arms off everytime you hit a pot hole!

Only negative is now it's firmer I have a new rattle coming from my drivers door lol!

I'm at work in the morning so will be a good chance to test it out on a familiar road being as I drive that route nearly every day! ( plus there's a great roundabout and long right hand bend to push it through)

If anyone from this thread goes for coilies who has lowering springs at the minute, let me know as I'd be interested in them :beerchug:

It's sound mate, takes all the bumps in it's stride and doesn't feel like it's going to tear your arms off everytime you hit a pot hole!

Only negative is now it's firmer I have a new rattle coming from my drivers door lol!

I'm at work in the morning so will be a good chance to test it out on a familiar road being as I drive that route nearly every day! ( plus there's a great roundabout and long right hand bend to push it through)
what i found with mine was in standard form it was crashy but with the v-maxx its very forgiving over the bumps , plus i dont get any cd jumping anymore like i used to on the standard set up lol

Yes, same here so far mate, except the CD thing as mine has never jumped lol

Only down side now is I'm going to be needing tyres in a couple of months so now I have to decide what to get lol

It's never ending with cars!

ur car looks good that low dont worry about it :superman:

Looking good dude! I would leave it to settle a bit and then id maybe lift the rear slightly.

Would you mind taking some pictures from the underside of your car? I really wanted to see how low the chassis/sump/exhaust are

Been over any 'sleeping policeman' speed bumps yet?

Will try and get some later, only issue on sleeping policeman is if I go over to fast the underneath front bumper scrapes a bit but if you go over steady it's fine

Got yo raise the back a little as it just slightly kissed a speed bump we have on site so will have a play next weekend but apart from that it's tip top!

My wheels are the standard 18's mate with 225 40 18 tyres I think lol

who's is the irmy corsa up in the air?

nice stance on your audi ;)

Looks great, just kind of pictures i needed to see to make me what to drop my S3, same colour as yours.

Looks amaizing

who's is the irmy corsa up in the air?

nice stance on your audi ;)

That's my mates sons, not a bad little motor really and his dads Mondeo STTDCI next to it :)

Here's the best pics I could of the underneath:

7e07cf8b.jpg

1143ee0a.jpg

381a656b.jpg

fe8053da.jpg

95% of the time it is fine ( for me ) at this hight but it has caught on a couple of things on the rear box a couple of times so im going to raise it a little to prevent any damage

You absolute beauty! Haha i was concerned about the sump clearance.. As that is the most expensive thing you can break from being low. What engine is it? I shall definitely be dropping mine at Easter then (no point doing it for winter)

thanks a huge amount mate!

It's the 2.0 tfsi , the sump is not the lowest part at the front so as long as your careful you won't touch it.

Hardest part in fitting them ( 2nd time round ) was getting the top mounts off the front, theres so little room around the nut it was hard to get a ring spanner in there!

Will post more pics when I finally have it set up right

Must admit, I'm now loving the look of it, only going to raise it a little bit just to avoid it scuffing on stuff :)