Electric Window

mccrum

Reaction score
Hey, I have a 2005 A3 1.9 TDI. The other day my driver window didn't seem to work, I can hear the motor in the door working but window seems to be stuck up. I brought the car to 2 different mechanics in my area that I have used before and nether of them wanted to even attempt to fix the problem.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to fix and how much Audi would charge?

Thanks

Sounds like the window runner has come unattached from the bottom of the window, this is mega common on mk4 golfs.. It's a slightly fiddly door card off job, but nothing ridiculous.. Try winding the window down, then, with the door open, get one hand on either side of the glass and try (carefully) manually moving the window.. I stress carefully, because if you drop it , you may end up with smashed glass inside your door.. Best to have a friend there to wind the window back up while you hold the glass, otherwise you might end up doing what I did - standing on your drive shouting "help" in an embarrassed voice holding the glass :)

If you can hear the motor turning then certainly it sounds like something has come unattached by some means, as the motor wouldnt move if it was stuck, given the way the motor attachs to the mechanism, as Chris says door card of day & have looksy inside.

If the door motor has gone faulty, give me a shout as I have some available cheaper than rrp.

I have some for sale mate, whats your vin no. have you got folding mirrors?

Just to clarify, how do you know you need a new window regulator?