Where to buy black s3 grill.

K13 ASJ

Reaction score
hi, all new to here and audi owning, been a golf owner for years, but just bought a s3 pre facelift in sprint blue.

wondering where i can buy a black optics grill from and the price.. Thanks

I can get a new one delivered, PM me mate.

Any other idea's folks? or will i just have to keep eye out on ebay?

My friend picked up one cheap on eBay a few months ago for his Sprint Blue S3, it looks cracking, but I haven't seen any online since :(

Quick pic:

229708_10150758074630457_882605456_20152078_4176290_n.jpg

TBH the used ones are scarce, I had 1 for sale, but mate snapped that up from me.

Any other idea's folks? or will i just have to keep eye out on ebay?

Keep an eye out on ebay and pistonheads. If im honest the optic grilles are quite rare to find second hand! Mostly see Chrome ones popping up. Might have to buy brand new and they are not cheap. Best bet would be to buy one off Nigel (NHN) will be cheaper than any main dealer. Bought my optic grille off ebay back in 2008 brand new for £150.
And bought a chrome one off Nigel (NHN). Good luck with the search and get some photos up

Ohh what you got planned :happy: RS3?

of course... Ive had it planned for ages, just waiting for one to come up.. I dont do German Ebay.. Well at least i didnt! but i do now :ninja:

am contemplating buying it new! :slapped:

Nige... Do you think you could get me a price?

of course... Ive had it planned for ages, just waiting for one to come up.. I dont do German Ebay.. Well at least i didnt! but i do now :ninja:

am contemplating buying it new! :slapped:

Nige... Do you think you could get me a price?

Buying it new gonna cost a bit. But will finish the outside of your car off nicely. How much are they? Sure paullie said £600+
I need to start going on german ebay more, i missed a set of 19" S6/S8 alloys (Same style as the 8P3 S3 alloys). Want a set of them bad lol.

Last edited:
Buying it new gonna cost a bit. But will finish the outside of your car off nicely. How much are they? Sure paullie said £600+
I need to start going on german ebay more, i missed a set of 19" S6/S8 alloys (Same style as the 8P3 S3 alloys). Want a set of them bad lol.

i know but i might be waiting all year for another to pop up!! :sadlike:

Its the ONLY way to finish off my car... :icon_thumright:

You'll be shoehorning a 2.5 lump in next geez lol:rockwoot:

i may actaully have to go and get some German Lessons. So that i can negotiate with the sellers to beat you lot!!!! :eyebrows::ninja:

I think this looks pretty sweet, ..it's done on Photoshop and isn't the Optics version of the RS3 grille, but still very cool just the same, lol. :wub: x

100_1580.jpg

for me the fog grilles need modding .Do the 8p2 ones fit ?

Don't think they do, Steve. They would look MUCH better with the honeycombe of the RS3 grille. The 8P3 fog grilles have honeycombe, but it's too small to see clearly, ..so a bit of modding may be in order to get the full on RS look, lol. :wub: x

Get your own grilles!

:p

:laugh: i should warn you all Stev is willing to fight for an optic grille :lmfao:

I think this looks pretty sweet, ..it's done on Photoshop and isn't the Optics version of the RS3 grille, but still very cool just the same, lol. :wub: x

100_1580.jpg

Ohh my that does look good :wub: Get my car back at 4:yahoo:

Cant wait to see an optic one one. Wil look soo aggressive.

Google translate is your friend

Being part German helps though. ;)

Haha you are correct it is a good friend when it comes to translating lol

100_1580.jpg

hmmm, thats got me thinking! let me know if you also find one on this style with the Alu (non optics)... I like that too!! :wub:

Ohh my that does look good :wub: Get my car back at 4:yahoo:

I am SOOOO looking forward to seeing your new front end look, Ash!!! It's gonna be awesome, for sure. I can feel your excitement!! Please take some pics, ..I know the weather's pants, but PWEEASE take some anyway!! :wub: x

There must have been some kind of RS3 lorry hiest with the amount of RS3 Parts popping up already .Either that or Chinas got some parts they have copied :0
some bargains popping up lately ...right .de afternoon

hmmm, thats got me thinking! let me know if you also find one on this style with the Alu (non optics)... I like that too!! :wub:

Will do Rye! Have to say I DO like the look of the Alu aginst the black. I posted it so you'd see how cool it looks. :wub: x

Will do Rye! Have to say I DO like the look of the Alu aginst the black. I posted it so you'd see how cool it looks. :wub: x

It really is, i think i prefer it.. I like the Laminex + Alu grill.. That way i can solve the carbon mirror issue and not got them.. Question is how close of a match are the S3 mirrors to the RS3 alu grill :uhm:

Guys, I notice that the guy I bought my RS3 grille from also has a new RS6 optics grille for sale (it's got a funny square hole at the bottom of it, which looks a bit odd). He also says on the listing that he has many other parts for sale not listed and to ask him if there's anything specific you are looking to buy. Might be worth giving him a shout to see if he can source some other RS3 grilles as the one I bought and the RS6 one in this listing have obviously never been used before. :wub: x

Audi A6 S6 RS6 4F S-line Kühlergrill Grill 4F0853651AM | eBay

I am SOOOO looking forward to seeing your new front end look, Ash!!! It's gonna be awesome, for sure. I can feel your excitement!! Please take some pics, ..I know the weather's pants, but PWEEASE take some anyway!! :wub: x

Well its done, im not 100% happy with it if im honest:( It was cut too short on either corner at the bottom of the grille and there a gap.
Other than that it looks good. No photo as yet as the car dirty but will pm you a photo shortly.
Im gonna get another RS6 grille and get it done again. Most people would be happy with it. But im fussy when it comes to my car and want everything perfect.
Cheapest i've found another grille is £300 so once i've got the spare change will order another one. Only £200 to go :laugh:

Only alloy on mine ,no black .Ash have you had the garage mod your RS6 to fit your S3

Yepp done today fella. Need to take the front bumper off and spray the crash bar behide black (forgot to tell them to do that) as the silver standards out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paullie
Hmm, that's not so good about your grille, Ash :(. I'm a real fuss pot when it comes to my car too and wouldn't be 100% happy either, if it wasn't 100% spot on. I bet it does look good though and look forward to seeing your pics. More than likely no one but you would notice the slight flaw that you're thinking is there, but I know if it was me, I'd feel exactly the same. Maybe the same place you bought your last RS6 grille (I know it was nearer where I live than where you live, lol ;) ) would have another one decently priced? :wub: x

well thanks for the replies folks, ebay it is then, or nigel will be getting a email soon... heres some pics of the new car, just picked it up today and very impressed. i have included a pic of my old car just so you can see what i was driving before..
planned mods for the s3 are black grill (obviously) lol, 19" ch-r blacks, h&r springs, and carbon / black mirrors.

heres my old golf ( bought completly standard)

7e3ce918.jpg

ad926c08.jpg

46776948.jpg

heres the new car...

s3-1.jpg

s3.jpg

s32.jpg

Here a quick photo of my custom RS6/S3 grille. Will get a photo with the number plate off once it stops raining.
DSC04197-1.jpg

Hmm, that's not so good about your grille, Ash :(. I'm a real fuss pot when it comes to my car too and wouldn't be 100% happy either, if it wasn't 100% spot on. I bet it does look good though and look forward to seeing your pics. More than likely no one but you would notice the slight flaw that you're thinking is there, but I know if it was me, I'd feel exactly the same. Maybe the same place you bought your last RS6 grille (I know it was nearer where I live than where you live, lol ;) ) would have another one decently priced? :wub: x

Cheers Paullie :wub: well i've had a proper look today it will do for a month or so. From a distance you cant notice but up close you can.
Agree with you fuss pot is the way with cars at least you have them to a standard your happy with :happy:
Haha you saying that i actually emailed them last night seeing if they can get me another one at that price or i'll pay there old buy it now price for it £160.

I bet it looks ace ,get the pics up mate

Cheers Steve photos above fella :thumbsup: Number plate still on as the crash bar not been sprayed and the silver stands out like a sore thumb!
Will get it sprayed next week

Last edited:
Well Ash, looking at it in the pic, ..what the bl**dy hell are you complaining about, you moaning git, lol??? LOOKS ACE!!!! Absolutely love, love LOOOOOVE it, Dude. Well cool!! :wub: :wub: :wub: xx