8P1 conversion to S3 replica.

pandoo1

Reaction score
Hey guys,
kinda new to the Audi side of things (total noob), Im looking to buy an Audi a3 8p1 and as Im only 18 I love the look of the S3 but obviously can afford the insurance. :(
Isit possible to make an S3 replica and what parts will I need?
Cheers

Welcome to the forum.

Have a quick search there been loads of threads about this.
Just a few things S3 front grille, S3 front bumper, new bonnet, Whole new rear bumper etc.
If you do the conversion dont badge it up as an S3 :thumbsup: When you get the new car get some photos up :happy:

Welcome :)

As advised, have a search, plenty of people have done it.. Goodluck.

Thanks guys :)
Yeah been doing plenty of searches over the week since Ive been stuck at home due to the riots! but only signed up today.
The searches just got me even more confused over what I need to get, parts wise.
Im looking to make it look like the 8p2 s3 and oh dw I wont brand it as an S3!

Hiya I did it last year. Basically you will need as said above, the single grill, S3 front bumper, S3 fog light grills and fog lights (if they arnt already in the bumper), New bonnet but make sure its for the single grill, S3 rear bumper and diffuser and side skirts if you want to finish off the look.

Its fairly easy to do, I did it so cant be too hard lol. Have fun with it and after, the car looks amazing!!!!

Haha thanks for that Sarah, if you dont mind me asking; where did you get your parts from?
Btw awesome colour A3 you got there, 'Mauritius Blue' I was there only a few days back, want to go back!

Why thank you, I love it too so I shipped him out here.

I got alot off Ebay but spent months looking. Ended up getting the bonnet and rear diffuser from TPS as they are like hens teeth!!! There are a few on here who may be selling a few bits so put a wanted in your sig, its worth a go. Keep in there, you will get it done.

Will defo do that, thanks for that helpful info :)
Btw isn't it the same as the s-line model?

I am thinking of selling all my S3 kit (sportback ) i have a genuine S3 front bumper, fog grilles and fogs included,The front is freshly painting morro bleau pearl.Rear S3 top bumper with sensor holes painted silver, needs small prep and painting your colour .A rear difuser with valance part freshly painted moro bleau pearl .all washer covers/tow eye covers included for front and back painted the same morro bleau pearl .looking for £650 no offers and will not split .absolutely fecked off with looking for the parts to finish it ..no messages asking to split please .

I am thinking of selling all my S3 kit (sportback ) i have a genuine S3 front bumper, fog grilles and fogs included,The front is freshly painting morro bleau pearl.Rear S3 top bumper with sensor holes painted silver, needs small prep and painting your colour .A rear difuser with valance part freshly painted moro bleau pearl .all washer covers/tow eye covers included for front and back painted the same morro bleau pearl .looking for £650 no offers and will not split .absolutely fecked off with looking for the parts to finish it ..no messages asking to split please .

what parts are you missing to finish it off?

what parts are you missing to finish it off?

the dearest parts mate . side skirts are reddiculous priced and full main grille is too .

To the OP good luck mate your soon find out how many people are after the same parts .just buy new and save getting ripped on fleabay

I don't know if that was directed to me but I would need the whole lot: Bumpers inc grills, bonnet and skirts as Im getting the 3dr 8P1.

no mate it was at Steve, hence the QUOTE

But since you did reply what year A3 are you planning on getting exactly then? If you get the split (double) front grill you would need a new bonnet but if you get the single (large) front grill you would only need the bumpers and grills

Why dont you just go for it and pay up a little more for the skirts? dont they come up on german ebay?
and ermm your sig says you will not slit :ninja:

no mate it was at Steve, hence the QUOTE

But since you did reply what year A3 are you planning on getting exactly then? If you get the split (double) front grill you would need a new bonnet but if you get the single (large) front grill you would only need the bumpers and grills

My bad :$
Erm yeah Im going to get the split grill model so I would need a new bonnet.

Ash mate your talking about more than £1200 all in ...think ile just take a break from looking for a while
New babies having all the spare cash lol .
:)

ok I googled a bit aswell

s3 rear bumper - 215
s3 front bumper (complete with fogs and grilles) - 355
s3 bonnet (new from tps) - 250

820 ish

are they good prices ?

I currently have votex skirst, does it require changing ?

ok I googled a bit aswell

s3 rear bumper - 215
s3 front bumper (complete with fogs and grilles) - 355
s3 bonnet (new from tps) - 250

820 ish

are they good prices ?

I currently have votex skirst, does it require changing ?
Im guessing you looking to go for that S3 look aswell.
These seem like good prices, where did you get the price for the front bumper with grills and fogs?
Cheers

Im guessing you looking to go for that S3 look aswell.
These seem like good prices, where did you get the price for the front bumper with grills and fogs?
Cheers

all parts sourced abroad. saw cheaper rear bumpers on ebay

I looked into s3 conversion as s3 bumper and s-line one are same money