Sat Nav DVD

Soot1e

Reaction score
I was in an A3 today which had a sat nav fitted by the dealer post delivery. The maps displayed static speed cameras and red light cameras for the complete journey from Norfolk into London. The red light cameras are displayed as a set of traffic lights with the speed cameras being the camera icon. Like an idiot I did not make note of the version number. Does anyone have this disc and if so what is the information displayed when you press the car/version.

The 8P0919884_AT_EUW number which I did get is exactly the same as the disc in my 2010 S3.

You sure its not the modified map dvd as thats not audi dvd data, someone's maybe added POI's.

some bloke was sellling that, with them as POI. He also had each road's speed limit also added as POI.

You sure its not the modified map dvd as thats not audi dvd data, someone's maybe added POI's.

I very much doubt that an Audi dealership will have supplied anything other than a genuine Audi DVD when asked to supply and fit a Sat Nav. The DVD holder also had an operating manual in PDF format on a second DVD.

I will be visiting the supplying dealership today and see if I can get some more info on the updated disc.

some bloke was sellling that, with them as POI. He also had each road's speed limit also added as POI.

The road speed limit is std on later disc's. Pretty useless as its out of date already round my way as they keep dropping the limits anyway

By all accounts the static camera and red light cameras are a feature of the new 2011 disc. How long it takes for the new disc to be supplied with new cars remains to be seen. The parts guy was unsure as to whether a software change was also needed, but I would have thought that would be included on the disc. Price of new disc.... £179.99

By all accounts the static camera and red light cameras are a feature of the new 2011 disc. How long it takes for the new disc to be supplied with new cars remains to be seen. The parts guy was unsure as to whether a software change was also needed, but I would have thought that would be included on the disc. Price of new disc.... £179.99

I have had the latest dvd mate which is AT for ages now, the latest mk2 rns-e with latest firmware 0200, that does not show speed cameras (ATM) however it shows speeds for roads on at that moment.

Show us some pics from your unit displaying this please, we could maybe research this further & work out how you got this, it may have a hidden adaptation that unlocks that feature on the nav itself.

Just tried to check the number on mine and i cant eject the CD. The second disc i have is for Europe and thats 2011

Just go into navigation with vcds matey, then unlock the drive via adaptation channel, its listed so easy to disable lock :)

Also just press car & check version of dvd in that versions screen.

Soot1e, very interesting.........

Was it just visual display of cameras on the screen like POIs, or was there any audible warnings ? If there was audible warnings, was it irrespective of speed, or only if exceeding the speed limit ?

I just booked mine in at Audi to have the Audi pilot looked at so i asked them to unlock the CD while they are at it. No one at Audi's had ever heard of Camera sites on a Audi CD.

Anyone know why they lock the CD and then give you a second Europe disc that you cant actually use ? Typical Audi service .......lol

Soot1e, very interesting.........

Was it just visual display of cameras on the screen like POIs, or was there any audible warnings ? If there was audible warnings, was it irrespective of speed, or only if exceeding the speed limit ?

The visual display was similar to POIs, as for audible warnings I had the dialogue turned off as I was relying on my own Garmin to ping at me when exceeding any speed limits.

Sorry cannot provide any screen shots, car now with its new owner.

DVDs are usually locked in the head unit to prevent them from being nicked in transit. Some dealerships remove the lock on the PDI others don't.

Sorry but I think you're mistaken with this or someone has stuck a modified POI dvd in its place which looks oem, there has been no system to date from audi that included camera locations & I have the most uptodate of the hardware/media involved for the 8P, 0200 firmware is the latest & AT dvd does not include this data.

There is a company that adds POI data to an audi nav dvd iso for cameras, so maybe this has been done unbeknown to you.

Yeap thats them, had a few words with david iirc back when it was open to all.

i made myself one today using just that software and it works sweet, its a pity you cannot get it to sound audio alerts or if there was a system like with the BMW which display the speed limit of the road on your display

Mine does display the speed limit of the road. std on My11 RNSE

I dont think you can burn the Audi disc's, a few people tried for PaulAr when he was selling his car but they are encrypted. The one the guy above burnt is not an Audi disc if it has speed camera locations on it.

Just been in a new Audi A7 the sat nav was saved to the SD card