warranty issue

Solly

My XBL GT - ii solly uk ii
Reaction score
are front door speakers covered under warrenty because ive only had my a3 for like 3 months and the speakers are already distorting :/

Check its not rain dripping down the back of the speaker from the door seal design, which I have to say is absolutely crap, rain runs down the door glass to seal at top of door, then to the end where it meets the mirror, then goes through a small gap there & drops through the door out the bottom, all that time drops supposedly down past behind the speaker, unfortunately thats not the case all the time by my research or they maybe just plain crap speakers,

My 3.2 doors used to fill up with water. The lack of gutters on a modern car meant that all the water was channelled on to the glass and ran down the windows and into the doors as Nige described. It was only when you opened the door wide the water poured out like turning on a tap from the front hole in the bottom of the door. Real quality stuff.....lol. Never had a problem with my speakers but on a bright sunny day you could put the window down and back up and it was soaked. a sort of auto cleaning system.... New S3 is the same.

Last edited:
Ah I see well I've took the door card of and theres no sign of wafer or damp the speakers just playing up :( I'll ring Audi Monday and see if it's covered under warranty I mean I do listen to dubstep and quite loud but still they shouldn't have gone already :(

Do you have BOSE ? just wondering if the amp has popped ?

Be very surprised if this isn't covered especially in such a short space of time. I know if this was me I would demand it be repaired under warranty.

Any follow up on the speakers? Was it covered under warranty. Last week my front drivers side speaker went on a B&O speaker 2011 A5. Fingers crossed that it's covered....

Regardless of whether Audi want to cover it under the warranty you should be covered under your standard consumer rights in the UK - items have to "be free of defects and last a reasonable length of time." - Sale of Goods Act 1979. Similar legislation exists in most other countries.

"A reasonable amount of time" is subject to opinion, but I doubt anyone could suggest that a car should develop any faults whatsoever within the first couple of years considering how much you pay for it. At under a year old don't take no for an answer.

Cool...Thanks...i'm getting an appt asap and will let you know how it goes....