Hill Hold Assist enabling with VCDS

digon

Reaction score
Just had my MY10 start stop 1.6TDi A3 burnt out and am going to view its probable replacement tomorrow.
The replacement car is identical age and model and spec as the old one but doesn't have the Hill Hold feature that I really liked on the old car.
I read somewhere on here that it depends on the ABS controller whether it can be enabled in software or not. I think the new car will have the same controller as my burnt car and also as MY11 start stop audi's now all have HHA as standard maybe I could enable it with VCDS??
Has anybody tried this or know if it will work?

Dave

yeah what happened for to go up in smoke??

yeah what happened for to go up in smoke??
It was probably scroats wandering the streets at three in the morning that thought it would be entertaining to set my front tyre on fire. This spread to the engine bay and then probably melted the plastic fuel pipes which dripped onto the metal undertray and transmitted the fire to the tank which then melted and dropped out spitting balls of flame across next doors garden.
To put it in perspective, the car can be replaced but my toddler daughters bedroom which was directly above and 4 foot to the rear of the car only by luck didn't go up with it.

Paullie, thanks for the link. That's the one I had been reading and it seemed inconclusive to me whether it would work or not. Guess I'll just have to give it a try when the new one arrives.

Cheers,
Dave.

Last edited:
omg so sorry to hear about this thank god your little un wasnt hurt cars are only material things at the end of the day a life is another thing

It was probably scroats wandering the streets at three in the morning that thought it would be entertaining to set my front tyre on fire. This spread to the engine bay and then probably melted the plastic fuel pipes which dripped onto the metal undertray and transmitted the fire to the tank which then melted and dropped out spitting balls of flame across next doors garden.
To put it in perspective, the car can be replaced but my toddler daughters bedroom which was directly above and 4 foot to the rear of the car only by luck didn't go up with it.

Paullie, thanks for the link. That's the one I had been reading and it seemed inconclusive to me whether it would work or not. Guess I'll just have to give it a try when the new one arrives.

Cheers,
Dave.

RAGE

One of our hire vans got burnt out - we only had it 3 weeks though not new. She got a flat n kept driving. Eventually pulled over due to the smoke from front wheel. Van was in fire by time fire brigade arrived...

There's some real dense fxxs around these days, how the hell did she not notice that ***!!!

god knows mate - perhaps never never land. The van hire is the worst part of our business - I've gone into the cab of vans & taken keys off of customers & said NO & directed them back to the shop to get their money back. The shop gets hit, the pumps have got hit, even customers cars awaiting repair have come close - you soon loose your faith in fellow motorists!! The luton vans are the worst!

The ABS controller on the new car is 1K0614517AT G2+ can some body with access to ETKA tell me if this controller supports HHA please.

I tried VCDS in long coding assist but when I click on HHA it just says error so it looks like this controller doesn't support it unless I need to enable it somewhere else first.

Last edited:
Nope, shows a UG0 pr code, which denotes no hill hold assist.

I've got a lever that sits between the two front seats that when pulled on can be used to stop the car rolling away on hills.

Reactions: paddy
Take your point Khufu but i have it now on the S3 and its nice with DSG where you cant hold the car on the clutch on hill starts.

It's essential for me.. As it enables me to still have a hand on the steering wheel.. Without it hill starts are incredibly dangerous IMO.. You have to quickly go from the handbrake to the steering wheel! Nightmare on a hill in a tight space where you need to have the wheel turned..(I should point out I use a hand throttle/brake I guess so no-one gets confused lol)

I know dude.. :) wish you could see what the dsa class as acceptable procedures for these kind of things for disabled drivers tho! IMO it's downright crazy most of it!! When I was being shown, I just kept saying "you're joking, right?" to nearly all of it having learnt how to drive normally at 17..:lmfao:

ah, just re-read what you said. I can now see what you mean! I've kinda got hand throttle control - its called cruise control LOL

also as MY11 start stop audi's now all have HHA as standard
Dave

Is this true? It still seems to come up as an option on the configurator but I couldn't find it on the options list on the broker I went through - waiting for the dealer to get back to me with confirmation and I'll check if I can add this and a warranty (also not on the list). I'm going for a 2.0 TDI 170 Quattro (manual) and can't work out if HHA is standard, an option or not available.

ah, just re-read what you said. I can now see what you mean! I've kinda got hand throttle control - its called cruise control LOL
That too I couldn't live without - allows me to change which hand I hold the steering wheel with on the motorway, stops arm ache.. It's truly amazing how some of these "creature comforts" have become genuinely useful to me.. The Audi cruise control is downright hilarious too! I love being able to accelerate in 1mph amounts or 5mph when holding the stalk up.. Cruise control racing is also priceless (set to like 100mph, turn off, wait til someone is overtaking, then hit "resume" and see if it ot accelerates them on it's own lol )

Sorry OP, for the brief thread hijack!

Last edited:
Reactions: paddy
Typical biker...still wanting to race everything :)

:lmfao: cheers paddy, mate.. That's put a big grin on my face

Is this true? It still seems to come up as an option on the configurator but I couldn't find it on the options list on the broker I went through - waiting for the dealer to get back to me with confirmation and I'll check if I can add this and a warranty (also not on the list). I'm going for a 2.0 TDI 170 Quattro (manual) and can't work out if HHA is standard, an option or not available.
It was the agent at Teeside Audi that told me HHA is now standard on all start stop Audi's, but I notice it is still available as an £80 option on the Audi website configurator so who knows if it's true or not.

Last edited:
Any one can see if my module 1K0 907 379 AN supports any of this: HHA, TPMS (on dis) and park assist (i bought an 8P0 919 475 K to install on my car)?

MY2009 has hill hold, but when activated there's no light in the DIS to show it's on.
Is that normal?

It's normal. There is no light on my MY11 S3 either. It just pauses the brake long enough to get back on the accelerator, without the need to hill start and find the biting point.