Picked Up An RS3 Optics Grille On Ebay

Indeed! Can't wait to see it, but ouch at the £81 for the plate holder!!

Lol, tell me about it, lad. I had already bought and butchered an RS6 one off Ebay to see if I could 'make' it fit, but it was a total no go unfortunately and had to bite the bullet and order one from Dave at Stoke. Have to say, the feeling I got when I saw it fitted today made me forget the price of the holder! :wub: x

CANT WAIT to see the photos:happy: I'm excited and its not even my car or mod :laugh:!!

Aww Ash, have to say I was just as excited about seeing yours last week!!! Honeycombe grille FTW, dude! :wub: x

Aww Ash, have to say I was just as excited about seeing yours last week!!! Honeycombe grille FTW, dude! :wub: x

Agree honeycombe grille FTW:wub: Mine growing on me will hopefully have a photoshoot soon and sort the crash bar out. Some proper photos then :) I bet the car looks so mean! Remember photo with grille on and off:happy: x

Not gonna keep you waiting any longer folks, lol. As I said yesterday the RS3 grille fits perfectly into the 8P3 bumper without ANY modifications, all the fixings are exactly the same etc. Unlike the normal A3/S3 facelift grilles though, it doesn't have any air holes on the right hand side for the S3 air intake as the RS3 has its air intakes where the A3/S3's foglights are, so some holes needed to be drilled - VERY CAREFULLY, lol. The guys also masked up the whole front end and sprayed the crash bar matt black, so it wouldn't show through the honeycombe. They made an excellent job and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it!! :wub: xx

014-4.jpg

012-5.jpg

017-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

008-6.jpg

028-2.jpg

029-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pauljamescaton, sparki, S3RYE and 2 others
Code:
Wow! Paullie!! That really makes difference, looks fantastic :wub: you're gonna have some royally envious people out there - including me! Black and yellow, black and yellow !Lol top stuff :thumbsup:

Get bigger mesh for the fog grilles and that will look absolutely spot on ..

Love it :wub:

Last edited:
Worth the wait, that looks stunning! If only it would fit an 8P2 bumper... :(

Looks Marvellous !!! :hubbahubba:

Thanks so much, guys. I am incredibly chuffed to bits with it and the overall mean and moody yet bright and bold look of the black against the Imola. :wub: x

I'm still pondering what to do with the fog grilles, Steve. Will get back to you on that one though, lol. Still eagerly checking Ebay at least a dozen times a day to see if I can spy any other RS3 grilles and if I do, I'd of course give you a very quick heads up :wub: x

I've added a couple of pics with the bonnet up to show where the guys drilled the holes for the air intake. One guy was going to do it, but he chickened out and let Jim, the boss do it instead, lol. :wub: x

Lol, what you like, Ash? Thanks dude for your lovely comments. I agree that it does look rather aggressive now, ..for SURE!! :wub: xx

Lol, what you like, Ash? Thanks dude for your lovely comments. I agree that it does look rather aggressive now, ..for SURE!! :wub: xx

Lol i do actually want your car! If i was to get an S3 8P have to be Imola yellow or Sprint blue.
The front end looks miles better:thumbsup: Bet your cars look so mean to people when your behide them! x

Spot on Paullie.

Looks like it came out of the factory like that!

Lol i do actually want your car! If i was to get an S3 8P have to be Imola yellow or Sprint blue.
The front end looks miles better:thumbsup: Bet your cars look so mean to people when your behide them! x

Well, you know you have first dibs on the car when the time comes for me to sell, ..but that won't be for at least a couple of years yet. I still have a few more plans for her. Yeah, ..when I pull onto the outside lane of the dual carriageway, people's usual reaction is to immediately pull back onto the slow lane again, to let me past, lol. Thanks again, Sweetie. :kiss: xx

Spot on Paullie.

Looks like it came out of the factory like that!

Aww cheers Wez, that really means a lot to me as that's my intention with every visual mod I make, ..have it appear as factory as possible. I know there's not much chance of making a bright yellow car look 'understated', but one thing - like most peeps on here - I really don't want to do is to 'chav it up' lol. :wub: xx

That looks stunning!

Time to change your signature pic.

Lol, ..thanks dude. Will change my siggy pic asap. Cheers for the reminder :wub: x

Aww cheers Wez, that really means a lot to me as that's my intention with every visual mod I make, ..have it appear as factory as possible. I know there's not much chance of making a bright yellow car look 'understated', but one thing - like most peeps on here - I really don't want to do is to 'chav it up' lol. :wub: xx
Not chavvie in the slightest.. As wez says, you've got the factory look..

Liking that alot Paullie. I love the glossy look and agree with the above, not at all chavtastic. Well done lass:thumbsup:

Not chavvie in the slightest.. As wez says, you've got the factory look..

Liking that alot Paullie. I love the glossy look and agree with the above, not at all chavtastic. Well done lass:thumbsup:

Cheers lads, I'm glad you both think so. My other half keeps telling me not to make a 'boy racer' car out of my S3 and spoil it with all my modding, ..as if I would do such a thing, lol. :wub: xx

Absolutely stunning P :) Grill looks superb but i still cant get over those mirrors :)

Yeahhh! Saaaweeeeet!

Cheers Buddy, I love your new car and just know it's gonna be something pretty special when you've worked your magic on it :wub: x

facking cracking!

Haha, I really like that. Cheers Sparki! :wub: xx

IMO it looks better than the RS3 bumper grille combo .keep looking at it :)

I think Audi got the RS3 Wrong ....

I do like the RS3, but one thing I don't like are the big blank intakes where the fogs are on the S3. Think they could have done so much more with it than they did. :) x

I really like it :icon_thumright: looks so much better than what it originally did!

Fancy selling it?

x2

Lol, thanks Buddy! Not selling it for now, ..I'm just getting it the way I want it, lol :wub: x

WOW that looks fantastic :hubbahubba:
Excellent work Paullie

Cheers Richard! Really appreciate it. :wub: x

Not gonna keep you waiting any longer folks, lol. As I said yesterday the RS3 grille fits perfectly into the 8P3 bumper without ANY modifications, all the fixings are exactly the same etc. Unlike the normal A3/S3 facelift grilles though, it doesn't have any air holes on the right hand side for the S3 air intake as the RS3 has its air intakes where the A3/S3's foglights are, so some holes needed to be drilled - VERY CAREFULLY, lol. The guys also masked up the whole front end and sprayed the crash bar matt black, so it wouldn't show through the honeycombe. They made an excellent job and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it!! :wub: xx

014-4.jpg

012-5.jpg

017-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

008-6.jpg

028-2.jpg

029-1-1.jpg
I don't like it.

Does any one have the part number for the plate holder fixings (screws and washers)?
Thanks kindly!

Ring Audi, they won't be expensive ;)

Problem is, the RS3 is not sold here and so they don't have the information. Or so I'm told. I even asked them to order in the grill for me and they told me they couldn't do it. :(