Picked Up An RS3 Optics Grille On Ebay

Very nice, really like that, look forward to seeing it on :rock:

Reactions: Paullie
Long overdue boss. S3Simon tried to arrange one earlier this year, but it came to nowt. We held one last year which was well represented. Would be good to get another organised. Might need to meet in the middle.

I put a thread about DC 11.5 in the local meets forum, it's next Sunday down at Verve VW Wishaw, about 20 miles SE of Glasgow. A bit out of the way for some, but a lot closer than the "UK" meets down in the Midlands.

I thought that both the pre-facelift and post-facelist S3's had the same grilles. I know the bumpers are different though.

Someone correct me if I am wrong though?

Your wrong. Both different shapes and design can see that from just looking at the grilles.

Cracking find and buy. Can't wait to see it fitted.
Seriously want to do this mod myself, but not sure how it will look on the S-line SB... or which way to go about it...

There's two RS3 diffusers on ebay germany too if your interested

Saw a german white sportwagon rs3 last night, sounds filthy under heavy acceleration!!

Plate was GS RS 3

Reactions: Paullie
Let the RS3 Modding scene Begin :rockwoot:

Wow, please please fit it and get some pictures!!!

OMFG paulie seriously cant wait to see this on now but christ you dont hang around do you hun fair do's lol.x

Hehe, I'm not known for hanging about when it comes to modding, Fran. Patience has never been one of my virtues, ..can't wait to get it fitted either! :wub: x

Filthy!

First S3 in SCOTLAND, let alone the UK with the RS grill. And that's not a starter for ten by the way!

Hats off to you Paulie, finger on the pulse, attention to detail. You're in the lead. :sly:

Aww Rich, you're gonna get me all embarrassed. I'm not competitive, I just do my own thing and go my own way with what I like the look of on my car. Your beauty of an S3 is my fave Sprint Blue by a million miles and your flawless taste with every thing you've done to it is really inspiring. Lol, ..what did we say our cars were? Angry Big Bro and Angry Li'l Sis of S3's. :wub: x

Look forwrad to seeing it on.

Thank you Sweetie, hopefully this week. :wub: x

There's two RS3 diffusers on ebay germany too if your interested

If only they fitted the 3 door, I might well have put in a bid or 2 :) x

Let the RS3 Modding scene Begin :rockwoot:

Too right, Digzzy! :wub: x

jesus christ! where the hell did you score those?!

Ebay, Dude. You never know what you'll find there, lol ;) x

as above. it will look sound when fitted!

Wow, please please fit it and get some pictures!!!

Thanks guys, ..was going to be getting it fitted tomorrow at Customdubz in Aberdeen, but the RS6 number plate holder I bought has the fixing bosses placed slightly closer together than the grille's screw holes and it looks a bit too big for my liking anyway :(. Hopefully by the start of next week I'll have it done and dusted.

Thanks guys and girls! :wub: xx

hurry the hell up mate! want to see it and make myself jealous lol

hurry the hell up mate! want to see it and make myself jealous lol

Lol, ..I'm having to wait until I get the plate holder to go with it, Dude :(. I bought an RS6 one, but it really doesn't look right, so have PM'd Dave at Stoke Audi this morning to ask him to order the proper RS3 one for me. The guys at my local custom shop were going to pop the grille on for me this avo, but when I realised the RS6 plate holder wasn't gonna work, I had to cancel, ..GUTTED!!! :(

Lol, ..I'm having to wait until I get the plate holder to go with it, Dude :(. I bought an RS6 one, but it really doesn't look right, so have PM'd Dave at Stoke Audi this morning to ask him to order the proper RS3 one for me. The guys at my local custom shop were going to pop the grille on for me this avo, but when I realised the RS6 plate holder wasn't gonna work, I had to cancel, ..GUTTED!!! :(

Not good Paullie. But be worth the wait!! Dont mind me asking how much you paid for the RS6 one? Could be interested not even thought about the plate and my car goes in on wednesday:laugh: Hopefully Dave get back to you ASAP and you can get it on this week:happy:

That's not good Paullie :(

What's happening with your old S3 optic one?

Was thinking about your old one too, with the resale on that your paying buttons altogether LOL. Could have had it fitted & just stuck the number plate on the dash LOL

Not good Paullie. But be worth the wait!! Dont mind me asking how much you paid for the RS6 one? Could be interested not even thought about the plate and my car goes in on wednesday:laugh: Hopefully Dave get back to you ASAP and you can get it on this week:happy:

Hey Ash, I bought it off Ebay too, got it (used) for £30 + £7.50 postage, but it'll not be any good to you now as I Dremeled it to within an inch of its life on Saturday to make the fixing points fit the new grille! :laugh: It fits it now, but it looks too bulky, so I decided to bite the bullet and get the proper RS3 mount. I saw on the EPC yesterday that the RRP on the RS6 plate holder is £59.28 (just in case you need them, the part number for the brilliant black holder is 4F0 807 285 BP Y9B and you also need 2 x oval headed panel screws part number N 102 473 02 @ £0.10 each) . The RS3 one's even more expensive, ..but it seems that everything for the RS3 is a shed load more than for most other models at the mo, lol. :wub: x

That's not good Paullie :(

What's happening with your old S3 optic one?

I know Dude, tell me about it :(. Never mind, it gives me the time to get a few coats of Aerospace 303 Protectant on it, lol. As Ash says, hopefully it'll go on sometime later on in the week, if not next. Not really made up my mind what to do with the black S3 grille yet, ..I may just hold on to it so I can swap back when time comes to sell. :) x

Was thinking about your old one too, with the resale on that your paying buttons altogether LOL. Could have had it fitted & just stuck the number plate on the dash LOL

Hehe, I did think of just popping the plate on the dash for a while, but the thing is that the plate holder has to be secured from the back of the grille, so it would mean the bumper would have to come off again to fit the holder when it shows up. Yeah I know, if I do decide to sell the S3 grille on to someone, the RS3 one's not going to have cost me very much at all, lol. :) x

Lifted this from another forum:

a full kit is already available from BKS tuning:

front bumper conversion - OEM Audi RS3 8P front bumper Conversion - BKS-Tuning

rear bumper conversion - OEM Audi RS3 8P rear bumper Conversion - BKS-Tuning

rear spoiler - OEM Audi RS3 8P rear spoiler conversion - BKS-Tuning

cill runners - OEM Audi A3 8P RS3 door runners - BKS-Tuning

side skirts appear to be the same as the S3.

so around £6300 + VAT & Shipping, then add painting and fitting on top.

If anyone was considering the RS conversion this may be the only way as I'm sure I read that the parts wouldn't be available from dealers without a vin number.

Last edited:
Hey Ash, I bought it off Ebay too, got it (used) for £30 + £7.50 postage, but it'll not be any good to you now as I Dremeled it to within an inch of its life on Saturday to make the fixing points fit the new grille! :laugh: It fits it now, but it looks too bulky, so I decided to bite the bullet and get the proper RS3 mount. I saw on the EPC yesterday that the RRP on the RS6 plate holder is £59.28 (just in case you need them, the part number for the brilliant black holder is 4F0 807 285 BP Y9B and you also need 2 x oval headed panel screws part number N 102 473 02 @ £0.10 each) . The RS3 one's even more expensive, ..but it seems that everything for the RS3 is a shed load more than for most other models at the mo, lol. :wub: x

Ohh haha :laugh: Did Dave give you a price yet? Cheers for the part numbers may order one tomorrow not 100% sure im gonna run a front plate yet. Didnt have one for 6months and never got pulled up on it. I'll probably put my front reg some where just dont want it to ruin the grille:laugh: I cant wait to see your car once its on. Yeah no suprise the RS3 parts are gonna cost a bomb S3 parts are bad enough never mind RS3 lol!

The VIN number thing sucks!
I suspect any spare parts on ebay will go for stupid money!

Lifted this from another forum:

a full kit is already available from BKS tuning:

front bumper conversion - OEM Audi RS3 8P front bumper Conversion - BKS-Tuning

rear bumper conversion - OEM Audi RS3 8P rear bumper Conversion - BKS-Tuning

rear spoiler - OEM Audi RS3 8P rear spoiler conversion - BKS-Tuning

cill runners - OEM Audi A3 8P RS3 door runners - BKS-Tuning

side skirts appear to be the same as the S3.

so around £6300 + VAT & Shipping, then add painting and fitting on top.

If anyone was considering the RS conversion this may be the only way as I'm sure I read that the parts wouldn't be available from dealers without a vin number.

I had seen the RS3 parts on their site Rich, a LOT of moolah for sure, lol! I've always loved the look of the honeycombed grilles on the RS models, so I'll just content myself with the thought that I got the grille for a steal of a price and leave the full conversions to the real hard core modders. I think rather than spend money on the RS3 conversion of an 8P S3, I'd probably save my pennies until the next generation S3 appears. Wonder if anyone will go the whole hog with their S3 though. :wub: x

Ohh haha :laugh: Did Dave give you a price yet? Cheers for the part numbers may order one tomorrow not 100% sure im gonna run a front plate yet. Didnt have one for 6months and never got pulled up on it. I'll probably put my front reg some where just dont want it to ruin the grille:laugh: I cant wait to see your car once its on. Yeah no suprise the RS3 parts are gonna cost a bomb S3 parts are bad enough never mind RS3 lol!

I found out the price for myself Ash (it's around £68), but Dave has definitely ordered it for me today, so it should be with him by Thursday and with me hopefully by the weekend or next Monday at the latest, WOOHOO! Can't wait to see your RS6 one on, Dude!! The RS3 grille has 2 holes for mounting the number plate holder already on it, so will look deffo look better with a plate fitted. The RS6 one doesn't have any mounting points on it, but I'm sure you'll come up with a cool place to pop your plate! Pity we've got to have them at all, lol! :wub: x

looking forward to this mod eagerly!!

Thanks Dude! :) x

The VIN number thing sucks!
I suspect any spare parts on ebay will go for stupid money!

When I was looking on the Parts Finder site, some of the RS3 parts had 'price on application', but most had the prices listed for them. Dave was able to order me the plate holder I needed without a VIN, but it may just depend on which dealership you approach for parts. I still don't know where the guy I bought my grille from got it as it's obviously never been on a car before, ..weird! Couldn't believe when he had it listed with a Buy It Now, ..he could have made a lot more if he'd listed it in an auction! :) x

Last edited:
You lucky thing!! Cant wait to see the finished product

You lucky thing!! Cant wait to see the finished product

Lol, believe me Blueie, no one knows more than I do how lucky I am to have got this! When I saw it on Ebay, I had to do a double take, then another, lol! Got to wait for my number plate holder to arrive first, so should be done in the next week. :wub: x

Hi paullie

how much of the std engine cover do you need to cut away to fit a twintake ?? and do you need to, cut the CF cover you have to fit said ??

Hey Paddy! You'd need to trim the standard engine cover to look like this one to fit the Forge Twintake.

Enginecover1.jpg

The Nuespeed carbon fibre cover doesn't need to be modified in any way to get it to fit. It has 2 billet stand offs that fit straight onto the front 2 engine pick up ponts and a steel strap that screws it directly on at the front of the engine. I was going to trim my standard cover at first, but then decided to go for the Neuspeed one and keep the original one standard for when time to sell comes, but another option would be to pick up a cheap OEM engine cover, trim it to fit and keep your standard one in one piece. :wub: x

Last edited:
Brilliant info P, just what i wanted to know !

Cheers :)

Well guys, let's just say I can now confirm that the RS3 optics grille looks pretty nice on the front of my S3, lol. Will be posting pics tomorrow and will reveal all re fitment. :wub: x

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Can't believe we have to wait til tomorrow Paullie!! :(

Another sleepless night :)

Thats just plain cruel! Lol

Did the number plate holder go on ok?

Lol, have patience chappies, all will be revealed tomorrow. I washed and waxed her yesterday, but as it rained this morning the roads were a bit of a state, so she got a bit messy :(. Jim at the custom shop wanted to go for a spin in her before he'd let me go home again, so after him doing such a great job for me, I couldn't say no. He painted the crash bar matt black and had to do another tweak for me too, though the grille itself fits perfectly :wub: x

The RS6 plate holder didn't work Wez, so had to buy the real deal RS3 one from Audi - cost me £81 including P&P - and it fits perfectly, ..I should think so too, lol. :wub: x

Paullie, 2nd only to Hitchkcock in the suspense department... :shutup2:

LOL

Hehe, I would have popped pics up today, but it was quite late when I got home and my back was too sore to wash the car again, so tomorrow will sort it out for sure. I won't keep you 'in suspenders' for too long :laugh: x

..... Can't wait for the picture! Gonna look Sweet! :)

Indeed! Can't wait to see it, but ouch at the £81 for the plate holder!!