3.2 Thoughts

I

imported_migzy

Hey,

Just though i's day hello, thinking of getting the A3 3.2Ltr, just wondering what ya thoughts on it are.. good bad, experiences.

Definetely add the optional bodykit if i get it, quite pricy though at £2500.

Looking at an 04, demo, pick it up for £22k.

Basically going from a HondaS2000, probably after summer.

cheers

Migzy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

have just sold mine to someone who also sold a S2000 to get the 3.2.
He is picking it up tomorrow.
I'll ask him to drop by and write some words here

the 3.2 in a few words:
wonderfull engine, great interior, great sound, heavy car, average to good handling, steering feel not too bad, very thirsty (expect less than 20mpg when driven very hard and 28mpg cruising on Motorway), take some time to get use to quattro and full use of engine
Absolutely necessary are body kit and 18'' wheels, wenon and leather (with heated seats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

bodykit is 'only' £1600 for the official Audi/Votex/GmBH one. Although if you've got £2.5k you coulge the Oettinger one (and i'd hate you forever /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif)

I might be selling mine for £22k.. heated leather seats, akoya silver but no xenons and only 6k miles on her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks for the replies, another thought i had was on future tweeking. Is the 3.2 lump easy to tweek or is it a better idea to get the turbo 2ltr FSI quottro, as turbos engines are easy as hell and cheap to upgrade.

Look at the S3.

Migzy

cheers,

only have to decide now, whether i'm that much of a speed freak, getting old now i'm 30.

And 6.4sec 0-60 in a 3.2ltr ain't bad.

Migzy

My only worry is fuel consumption, you sure it's not 60-0 litres in 6.4 secs ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

In a run from Croydon (south london) to Chesterfield, I did a test... drove like a nutter on the way up, and 'cruised' the way home again. Gong up = tank of petrol... coming down = only 2/3's of a tank! Sure it's thirsty, but only when you make it drink /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's funny though... when I first got the car, of course I went fast, but I am enjoying the fact the V6 can cruise in town never having to get above 1200rpm. My previous car was quite harsh, so I'm getting a kick out of the choice between the muscle/relaxed choice of driving I have now.

not overly worried about fuel, going from a VTEC engine that revs to 9000rpm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif that drinks like a fish.
Only drive evenings and weekends, the rest of the time it's tube journey's.
Only problem with living in London.

Migzy

right, car is now gone (BTW, sound of the V6 is even better from outside....) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Ian (purchaser) said he would log in and write a few lines when he could

[ QUOTE ]
bodykit is 'only' £1600 for the official Audi/Votex/GmBH one. Although if you've got £2.5k you coulge the Oettinger one (and i'd hate you forever /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it work when you order your A3 with one of these kits on? Is there some special brochure you take into the dealership with you? When I ordered my A3 there wasnt any mention of these options. Also, is the kit added on at the factory or by Audi UK?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

ok i wants the Oettinger body kit now, it's gorgeous and i'll probably end up bankcrupt if i get it.

But where do ya get them from, straight through Audi,

where aye?

Cheers

Migzy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Great, they can stick 20 grands worth of ICE in my motor.

PIMP MY RIDE - the UK version - get entered:

http://www.mtv.co.uk/mtv.co.uk/shows/article.jhtml?articleId=30114772

Quote: "Pimp YOUR Ride!

'Pimp My Ride UK' is coming, and you and your car could be on it...

Yes, it's finally happening! MTV's 'Pimp My Ride' is heading over here to the UK very soon and your car just might be one of the lucky few to get pimped... UK style!

If you're 17 – 25, your car has ripped seats, no radio, a mashed-up bonnet, broken windows and you need it pimped, then it's YOU we're after.

If you're up for it, please send us the following...

- A JPEG photo of your dodgy motor
- Your full contact details including daytime contact phone number
- And in 50 words or less, tell us the history of you and your car and why you need it pimped.

You can send all the above by email, to pimpmyride@mtvne.com, or by post to Pimp My Ride, 17 – 29 Hawley Crescent, London NW1 8TT.

READ THIS BIT – IT'S IMPORTANT!:
You can only apply for YOUR OWN car. You'll need to provide ownership and insurance details, and the car must have a current MOT. It can look as dodgy as possible, but if it don't run... it won't get pimped. "

Oh crap, thats me out of the running. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

The 2.0t is definately worth considering given MTMs early numbers seen below.

- Stock car is ~ 200hp and 207 ft/lbs of torque between 1800 and 5000 rpm.

- MTM chipped car is up to 245 Hp and 258 ft/lbs between 1850 and 5000 rpm.

- MTM chip/exhaust is up to 255 Hp and ~ 264 ft/lbs between 1850 and 5000 rpm.

I just bought StephV6's 3.2 A3 after owning an S2000 for nearly 3 years. I've only had the car for 3 days and am still adjusting but am definitely enjoying the Audi.

It depends what you're looking for in your new car. I bought the Audi because I was doing longer journeys and wanted something a bit more practical than the Honda. But I still wanted the speed and the Audi's definitely got that! However, even though it is nearly as fast as the Honda, it doesn't feel it (due to the refinement and smoooooth V6). The Honda's more exhillarating whereas the Audi is more relaxing....but still fast!

Drop me a line if you want some more advice (especially after I've lived with the Audi for a bit longer). But I can honestly say I'm not disappointed in the Audi...even after such a satisfying Honda ownership. It's a totally different car to the Honda and there are pros and cons to both of them.

Good to see there you Ian!!!
Love your avatar!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
the day you do that with the audi, call me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Thanks Steph. It'll be fun to try...though it was a lot easier in the Honda!

Glad you like the avatar. Maybe I should have yours instead!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ok i'll change it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

You don't have to change it.

I don't mind if you have your old motor as your avatar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'd have loved a 3.2, but it's the theft aspect that would have stopped me sleeping at night. Scumbags / drug dealers / bank robbers love a v6 hatch and theres no disguising the noise - badges or not. It only takes a few days for the local scum to know who's got a nice new car.

In a previous post I mentioned a neighbour who had his golf 2.8 4 motion nicked, well that was actually me. 2 years ago, 3 masked knifemen kicked our front door OFF and threatened to kill me and the missus for the golf keys.

Needless to say I gave them the keys. The car was one of 3 taken in a hour that night in my area, mine was used in 2 armed robberies - fast, discreet and practical - perfect for robbing a bank.

After 2 years in a diesel focus, we decided to get the A3, but it had to be the 2.0T (with the red 'T' badge removed), no s-line, no spoilers, standard wheels and in plain silver. I still park it up the street so its more difficult to tell who it belongs to.

Ain't Britain great.

definetly taking off all the badges, some filthy scum keyed my motor all the way down 1 side, £1200 damage,
if i ever got hold of the scum who did it, i'd rope em up to the back of the car and drag em down the road.

Bas*ards

Migzy

you should be ok with 3 doors cars as they are very rarely used for robbery I think

[ QUOTE ]
I'd have loved a 3.2, but it's the theft aspect that would have stopped me sleeping at night. Scumbags / drug dealers / bank robbers love a v6 hatch and theres no disguising the noise - badges or not. It only takes a few days for the local scum to know who's got a nice new car.

In a previous post I mentioned a neighbour who had his golf 2.8 4 motion nicked, well that was actually me. 2 years ago, 3 masked knifemen kicked our front door OFF and threatened to kill me and the missus for the golf keys.

Needless to say I gave them the keys. The car was one of 3 taken in a hour that night in my area, mine was used in 2 armed robberies - fast, discreet and practical - perfect for robbing a bank.

After 2 years in a diesel focus, we decided to get the A3, but it had to be the 2.0T (with the red 'T' badge removed), no s-line, no spoilers, standard wheels and in plain silver. I still park it up the street so its more difficult to tell who it belongs to.

Ain't Britain great.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's nasty. hope you 2 are both ok now.
there really is some scum in this world, but they'll get their comeuppence (spelt badly).
not a million miles away either manchester.

StephV6,

You'd think so, but my golf 4 mo was a 3 door and the S3 that was taken the same night was used in robberies also.

Robbers like to do it in style...

[ QUOTE ]
StephV6,

You'd think so, but my golf 4 mo was a 3 door and the S3 that was taken the same night was used in robberies also.

[/ QUOTE ]
And I thought I was safe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hey Spratty, you lucky b*stard! You just got yourself a sweet deal!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif BBS split rims, full kit, NO WAITING for two or three months, etc etc... What a steal!

The S2000... That's the car I would have gotten if I hadn't needed discretion and practicality, but I'm really hoping that a few mods will make the A3 3.2 a bit more incisive: stiffer engine/trans mounts, more rear anti-roll bar, perhaps coilovers... we'll see.

Anyways, enough ranting, welcome aboard, and congrats on a sweet purchase!

Cheers JaminBen...I think! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Still adjusting from the S to the A3 but have no regrets so far.

(Sorry you missed out on the track day in it with StephV6!)

[ QUOTE ]

(Sorry you missed out on the track day in it with StephV6!)

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not sorry really are you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif, glad you got it before it had some punishment lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif I however did have a good trackday, well worth the experience! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif