anyone got a panel filter?

I think he realised that, you put upgraded the panel filter. Do they come with a panel filter as standard???

ok sorry didnt really explain myself..

yeah its an airfilter box with a panel filter inside...

the question is, has anyone either replaced the standard panel filter or replaced the whole box for a induction kit. (Cylindrical air filter).. ?

ShaHeed - this 2.0 Tdi you've seen, which CDA Airbox does it have? EVO 1 or 2? Did it give a noticeable increase in power and torque cos I've read a lot recently about airboxes reducing bhp, which is the last thing i want!

Is there a UK audi driver here that knows if these airboxes will pass the mot (when the day comes)?

[ QUOTE ]
not heard of anyone having the cam kits..

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go:

http://www.auto-amd.com/a3enginev6.asp

[ QUOTE ]
STAGE 1
Rechipping - including rolling road time, mapping, fitting, 'before/after' plots of power and torque, test drive. Workshop time about 3 hours. Performance gains approx. 15 bhp. £550.00 Fitted
STAGE 2
With up to 275bhp from our custom remap and Milltek exhaust. Added AmD V6 muscle... £999.00 Fitted
STAGE 3
V6 A3 300 conversion - With approximately 300bhp AmD developed sports cam shafts, Milltek cat back exhaust system & AmD custom remap. Due to us developing the cams it will not effect you emissions or idle. Please note on DSG equipped cars we will limit the torque produced to protect the gearbox £2500 Fitted

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried contacting them, to no avail.

I think as potential customers, we deserve dyno plots. Stage 1, 2 and 3. Video would be good as well.

AMD, are you listening? If you want my 2500 pounds, show me some hard facts.

tia

i knew AMD did them but im on about not actually hearing of anyone having them fitted and tested.. ???

whatever is available for the R32 should be available for the A3..

careful with the K&N panel for the V6...I bought one and i was the wrong size...shepish K&N chappie admitted they got it wrong....

Also had the v6 up to K&N at Warrington to see if they could retreo fit the R32...but no as the "geometry" of the arir box is different and the engine bay temps are too high....probably due to the extra sound proofing materials etc..

He did say that they might consider developing one of their series II induction kits for it...no word yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

K&N suck ***.. ive put my name down for development for one... so that as soon as i get my car back.. gunna take it off.. and sell the fooker.. to make some money out of the freebie!

I've an open element K&N on my 1967 SIIA 88" petrol Land-Rover. Seems to keep the stuff out ok, despite all the nastiness I've thrown at it.

But those Landie engines, you could shovel dirt right down the carburettor and they'd still work ;-)

So if you're not going with K&N, what would be your choice?