Audi A3 drivers side door lock not working

rick28

Reaction score
Hi all

I have posted previously regarding being unable to access my car however audi have sorted the key fob out so I can now gain access. The key however, when used on the drivers door does not work. I can see the issue but I was wondering if there are any details of how to get to the back of the handle and reinsert the spring that has a plastic lug on it back into the lock mechanism? I can clearly see that this spring with a lug connected isnt actually inserted into anything. I have removed the door card and the hard plastic that covers access to the door lock but after that, I am stumped. I may just pay for it to get looked at by a garage but it feels as though fixing it myself should be possible

Thanks

TBH mate its a real pita to do, so my advice is pay someone, it requires some real patients & iirc there was no spring in that area, just a plastic locating lug that pushes into a fixed position on the back of the door lock, you really have to remove the lock itself to understand how it fits together 1st to be able to refit 100%.

Look me up if you cant manage it.