Coilovers Vs Spring & Damper kit - Pros & Cons

ive been lookign at the Eibach sportline springs as well as i need to drop my a bit, I have had the Pro's on my 1.8t Golf a few yrs ago and were great, not to harsh just about right but really wanted to go a tad lower so the sport line springs look like the ones im going to go for

Thats a good price fitted . Allignment cost me £60 had a load of adjustments and rechecks are £10 a shot round here.My cars to low for normal garages to sort it with lazers:(

Yeah I think I paid about £70 for my last alignment, but was being quoted up to about £90.

Yours is a Sport, right?? How low is your car mate, and what springs and dampers are you on??

Yeah I think I paid about £70 for my last alignment, but was being quoted up to about £90.

Yours is a Sport, right?? How low is your car mate, and what springs and dampers are you on??

Im on coilovers .I have re adjusted my set up around five times now .So would recommend them if your area has loads of speedbumps and you use the car for holidays .If you buy shocks n dampers your stuck at one height that you may hate .Mine are cheapos Though .could not handle them fully down !

it has been very interesting this thread... will be very helpful to me in the next few weeks. Im kind of swaying to a KW inox V1. All i need is height adjustability tbh..

Sorry to hijack the thread but for anyone interested I bought a set of KW V2s off a lovely lad off the forum, however I'm minus the rear dampers, as I'm too bone idle to sort out sourcing rear dampers on there own I am open to sensible offers for the rest of the kit.... Pm for details....

Paul

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but interested to know what Ads went for in the end?

Are you happy with the height/comfort?

Is the pic in your sig this setup? Or 'shopped?

Cheers,
Tim

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but interested to know what Ads went for in the end?

Are you happy with the height/comfort?

Is the pic in your sig this setup? Or 'shopped?

Cheers,
Tim

He went for the "eibach sportlines"