Ashtray LED Strip

I have just fitted my D/D conversion this morning and swapped over the led unit.. it fitted in the same place on the D/D cage as it did on the S/D cage.. In the rectangle cut out, it just slides in and clips there.. then it will just shine down as before.

I have just fitted my D/D conversion this morning and swapped over the led unit.. it fitted in the same place on the D/D cage as it did on the S/D cage.. In the rectangle cut out, it just slides in and clips there.. then it will just shine down as before.

can you get some pics of this as i want to see how it sits on yours.

is that the part number on yours?? (8PO 864 138 D)

yes it does just clip in but due to the nature of how low the DD cage is and the position of the Hvac the LED unit is no longer visible once the ashtray is fitted back in.
Do you have an ashtray in yours or just a empty cubby storage area?

Ah i see.. no i just have the cubby hole..

And im not sure on the part number on the one in the car but i have a spare one here that came with my D/D cage and the part no on that is 8P0 857 355

Ah i see.. no i just have the cubby hole..

And im not sure on the part number on the one in the car but i have a spare one here that came with my D/D cage and the part no on that is 8P0 857 355

ahh so you may be able to still see the light as the cubby hole sits further underneath the hvac. put a pic up regardless as i want to see how it looks with the light on the DD

thats the same part number on mine...
2c988684.jpg

The part number 8PO 864 138 D is for the plastic trim that sits under the hvac unit. I think.

no i retrofitted it last weekend... the leds are from T8ups as i specced them when i ordered my interior LED kit from him. got the light housing from him as well (which are standard audi parts, same as the front footwell light holders). these holders sit in a hole under the front seats (feel for the hole in the middle of the front seat towards the back)
then i just ordered the 2 connectors from Audi with 2 repair pins (one for each side), took out the front seats and wired them into the front footwells. ran the cables under the carpet and wrapped it with fabric tape... fully OEM install and looks great!

the part number for the connector is
893 971 632

im not too sure on the part number for the holder but you can just pop out the ones you have on the front footwell and just use that, also its the same holder for the glovebox, boot light and puddle lights!

the repair pins were ordered for me by audi when i just said i want the repair pin for the connector part number i gave. they did offer different thickness wires but as its just a LED bulb the thinnest one works.

Just to advise, the led strip does fix to the DD cage underside itself, not to the climate unit, it does have a plastic trim that fixes over it with a clear strip for the light to emit through to give it a nice ambience as such & usually the wires would be fed from behind as with the rest of the climate, radio, buttons etc, just tag ionto an existing interior light led eg. ashtray which if you dont have, you may find a tail still sitting there where ashtray would be incase of one fitted, has 2 pin connector on end.

just saw this reply by nigel, and yes although he is correct the light itself does fit onto the cage.
those of us that have the smokers pack in the car with the ashtray instead of the cubby hole will not have access to the area of the DD cage where the light sits.
the ashtray has a cover that blocks the light from showing through as i had discovered as i always had the light in there just didnt know it was there until i removed the climate unit.

i have now attached it to the underneath of the climate unit to get that glow although as there is less space to mount it here especially as i still have the ashtray in place the light is kind of bright, though that does not bother me the slightest and i still love the mod :)

As how the heck did you install the rear puddles?

Heck... got the front ones not the rear ones!

im really after this ashtray light mod i already done the ambiant mod in the roof unit and love the glow around the dsg at night but after more red

get the light bar and the connector with the repair wire, run some wire round the back and connect it to the light in the ash tray, simples

If you have the ashtray then its rather pointless imho, now the cubby hole storage tray, then yeah IMHO a nice little mod, little fiddly to get the strip in place.

If you have the ashtray then its rather pointless imho, now the cubby hole storage tray, then yeah IMHO a nice little mod, little fiddly to get the strip in place.

yeah i have the ashtray but looking for more red glow in the cabin

Hello!
It is possible to instal ashtray led strip for Audi A4 8E with 1din audio? Will it fit?

I'm just about to swap my ashtray out for the cubby hole and was wondering if I could move the wiring from the ashtray round to the led strip?