Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Rear Seat Belt Buckle

Hi Guys,

So I've had my A3 for 4 days now. Things are going well. I'm liking it more and more everytime I get in!

So today when I took picked my Mum and Brother up... my brother jumped in the back and while putting his belt on he couldn't find the buckle that clip into the seat belt clip thing.

The buckle has some how gone further up the belt and is "hidden" behind the plastic trim. Anyone know how to take the rear trim off so I can get the buckle out?

Thanks

WaterBoy

2. # ADS
    ADS

Sportback owner

Status
    WaterBoy, this has happened to me twice. The buckle slips past the plastic trim and disapears from sight. What we did was to gently recover the buckle by using a piece of stiff wire with a hook bent into the end (or coathanger) to gently fish for the buckle and pull it out. Takes a bit of fiddling, but worked every time. No need to take off the trim methinks. Good luck.
    French A3 Sportback 2006, 2.0L 140 TDI, DSG, RSN-E, Ambient lighting, Auto-lights/wipers, Reverse assist, Dolphin Grey, 17" wheels, Leather seats, Cruise control, Roof bars.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Awesome mate thanks!

That sounds like a better plan! We can see the buckle through the plastic so I'll go "fishing" tonight when I get home and let you know how I get on. Sounds like a bit of a rubbish design.

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterBoy View Post
    Awesome mate thanks!

That sounds like a better plan! We can see the buckle through the plastic so I'll go "fishing" tonight when I get home and let you know how I get on. Sounds like a bit of a rubbish design.
    Don't forget to post a few pictures of whatever you catch.

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldy212 View Post
    WaterBoy, this has happened to me twice. The buckle slips past the plastic trim and disapears from sight. What we did was to gently recover the buckle by using a piece of stiff wire with a hook bent into the end (or coathanger) to gently fish for the buckle and pull it out. Takes a bit of fiddling, but worked every time. No need to take off the trim methinks. Good luck.
    legend mate!! It worked a treat. Only took a couple of mins!! Thank you so much!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Edition View Post
    Don't forget to post a few pictures of whatever you catch.
    Er how can you take a picture of Syphilis?????

Oh no wrong forum!