Air con problem :(

3.2Q

Reaction score
My air con wasn't working when I first got my A3 so I took it for a re-gas and all was good however about 2 weeks later it went back to blowing warmish air :( I'm guessing I've got a leaky pipe or something. Has anyone else had this problem and also and ideas of cost??? Thanks

You need to get it re gassed and get them to put a dye in the system to show the leak, its a pretty std procedure and will show you what the problem is . Had it done on my 3.2 last year. No good going to quick fit...lol go somewhere where they know what they are doing.

Ok cool. I'll get it sorted. Any ideas of cost?

It really depends where the leak is, could be pence if its just a seal but if the compressor is leaking, could be hundreds. Once you get the dye in the system they will spot the leak after a few days of running at the most.most probably just a seal.

I had a leak in mine a few weeks back and it was the aircon re-circ valve which had given up. About £50 from Audi for the part and about 20 minutes to fit. I didnt need to use ther aircon dye because the leak was obvious after we smacked the valve and it starting ******* gas out!! All fine since that.